25

Shannel

~~~~~~~

The next morning Calum left early, wishing to wake Shannel and ask if she wanted to have breakfast with him, but seeing as she had an uneasy night he decided against it and instead left her some money on the side table along with a small note that contained his contact number and the words

Morning, sorry i had to leave

Be back later

Took a room key ;)

-Cal

She awoke soon after, finding the note and smiling at the words written upon it. Calum gave her butterflies but it was the extra special kind. He really did stay the night and she most definitely was not dreaming at all.

She was falling in love with him.....fast.

It was a little too fast some would say, but she could not help it, he was becoming everything to her because she had nobody else.

Today she wanted to impress him, to change his perspective on the person he knew she was no matter if her past did not bother him. So she went all out, picking out her favourite outfit from the clothes he had purchased for her and dressing herself up, for once feeling good about herself.

She went into the bathroom and took a shower, shaving her legs and scrubbing her hair, attempting to make herself more beautiful for him. Stepping out she looked at herself in the mirror, but the only thing that was on her mind was the substance that lay on the other side of it.

Her fingers were itching to touch it and her senses were begging to feel it. She was not that strong, not even the thought of impressing Calum could take her away from it.

So she took it out, lining a smaller amount than usual on her finger and inhaling it, using it to give her a confidence boost.

She went through the day, fixing up the hotel room, seing as she had nowhere else to go. She put her clothes neatly under the bed, taking them out when she needed him. The food she had leftover sat on the larger table by the door, though a few things needed to be thrown away because they were beginning to smell in the temperature of the hotel room.

The day flew past for her and all she was really waiting for was Calum to return. At three thirty in the afternoon she decided to call his number and see if he was okay, needing to know what time he was going to return back to the hotel room so she could prepare an evening meal for him, which for her was only ordering a takeout but still, it was the most she had ever done for another man.

He picked up on the third ring, not recognising the number.

"Hello?"

"Calum?"

"Yeah, uh...who's calling?"

"It's...uh...it's Shannel. You...you left me your number...sorry." She mumbled, regretting the decision to call him.

"Oh hey, no no it's okay are you alright? What's the matter?" His voice grew worried, he wondered if she was having another bad day.

"Nothing i'm fine. Sorry i just wanted to ask you what time you'll be coming back."

"Uh...." He was silent for a while, not entirely sure what the answer was.

"Um...maybe around seven-ish, i'm not sure. I'll give you a call later though okay?" He said, which sounded rushed but in reality he just did not want the other boys to question him.

"Okay....bye." She accepted his time of seven and nodded though he could not see.

"Bye."

But when seven o'clock came around, he did not show up.

She had the room set up for them, two glasses of wine were on the bedside table and a large margarita pizza sat on the bed, awaiting his arrival as well as Shannel wearing her favourite outfit from the ones he bought her with her hair done up nice and neatly.

She thought maybe he was running late. But when the time went past ten o'clock she just knew he was not coming.

She decided against eating the pizza or drinking the wine because she was still hopeful that maybe...just maybe he would come and it would not be impressive if the food was already half eaten.

Calum did not arrive until four minutes past midnight, needing to sneak out when the others went back to their apartment. He had tried to get out earlier, but found it impossible to do so, even calling her was a difficulty with Ashton around him twenty four seven.

When he walked in, he noticed the impression she had made, noticing the untouched wine by the table near the door as well as the now cold pizza on the side of the bed, next to a sleeping Shannel.

She did not want to fall asleep, she was willing to wait up for him to arrive, but her poor health and fatigue did not allow her to do so.

She fell asleep after eleven.

He sighed, looking down at her, noticing how dressed up she was already knowing that she had done that for him.

So he removed the pizza from the bed and poured the wine glasses down the sink, knowing he needed to make it up to her. He took of her shoes and removed the jewellery she was wearing before carefully placing her under the bed covers, smiling down at her and pressing a soft kiss upon her forehead.

He decided against staying the night just incase it gave her a fright in the morning.

*

*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

:) HELLO THERE :)

THIS IS A CUTE CHAPTER.

DOUBLE UPDATES MAY NEED TO TAKE A MOMENTARY PAUSE BUT IM JOR CERTAIN ABOUT THAT YET BECAUSE NOW IM JUGGLING THIS AND 'SHE' XD AS WELL AS FINISHING OFF MY OTHER ONES SO YEAH.

ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAPPEN? LEMME KNOW

-S