0.9

"So do you sing? In your band?" She asked, moving back a little and giving herself some distance from Calum.

"Yeah i do, i mean Luke's the lead vocalist but i sing too."

"So could you....sing me a song?" She suggested, a small smirk playing on her lips.

"I could." He chuckled, a smirk also on his face. He got off the couch with his laptop in his hands and placed it on a small glass table, before walking to the opposite side of the room and picking up a beige acoustic guitar, placing the strap over his neck and carrying it over to the larger couch, perching on it and adjusting the instrument on his lap.

"Any requests?" He rose an eyebrow, as she laughed lightly igniting something within him as she did.

"Um..i only know like one song." She replied, shaking her head.

"I'll play another Ed Sheeran song then shall i?" He told her, placing his fingers on the correct strings with the song in mind.

"Please do." She said, the glass of water now half empty in her hands. She sat comfortably watching him as he begun to lightly strum the chords.

"White lips, pale face
Breathing in snowflakes
Burnt lungs, sour taste
Light's gone, day's end
Struggling to pay rent
Long nights, strange men....."

He watched her whilst he sang, both their eyes lost in one another's. She was no longer smiling, nor frowning it was simply as if she was entranced by him, she was still listening to every word along with every chord he played.

"And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
They scream
The worst things in life come free to us

And we're all under the upper hand
Go mad for a couple grams
And we don't want to go outside tonight
And in a pipe we fly to the Motherland
Or sell love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly
To fly, fly
For angels to fly, to fly, to fly

For angels to die"

He finished singing he last few words and an eerie silence fell upon them. He noticed a sparkle in her eyes, though when he focused in more clearly he could see that her eyes were becoming glassy and soon enough, an isolated tear fell from them sliding down both sides of her cheeks.

He didn't know what to say, he knew why he had chosen the particular song and by the look on her face, he believed she must've known too.

"Why-why did you sing me that one?" She asked, her voice breaking as she tried her best to hold back the tears.

"I think you know why." He replied, pulling off the guitar strap from around his neck and placing the guitar on the floor by his feet.

She couldn't find herself to speak anymore, with all the different emotions coursing through her body. He stood up from the couch and slowly walked over to her, sitting on the seat next to her and turning to look into her eyes.

"Listen, Melody." He started.

"Shannel." She corrected as a look of confusion covered his face.

"My real name is Shannel." She said, sniffing and wiping the tears from her eyes. His eyebrows rose as reality hit him.

"Oh..." He mumbled, feeling embarrassed for believing her lie. For her, telling him her name was a big thing for she had never bothered to tell another man her real name, so nobody ever knew the real her....well that was up until now.

"Why don't you just...stop this and go home?" He asked, shrugging his shoulders and placing a gentle hand on her knee only retracting it almost a millisecond later when it came into contact with her skin, not wanting her to get the wrong message.

She contemplated on telling him the through, wondering how he would act towards her if he found out the truth. Though she hated to admit it, she was actually beginning to take a liking to Calum believing that he really did not want to use her to pleasure himself and really did care about her, in a way that no other man in her life had.

"I don't have a home."

~~~~

I'M JUST SOO IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK AND I DONT EVEN KNOW IF ITS HEALTHY BUT I LOVE THEM SOO MUCH

-S