22

"Will you stay with me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calum

~~~~~

He looked frozen for a moment as if he was just completely thrown under the bus. How was he supposed to say no without hurting her feelings? She was breaking right in front of him, but he knew it was wrong to stay.

Her eyes looked into his pleadingly, hoping that he would say yes. He swallowed hard and put the towel down onto the side of the bed, briefly looking at his hands before coming up with a reasonable excuse.

"I can't."

She didn't say a word...she was waiting for him to explain why.

"I uh.....we have to go to an interview tomorrow, really early and i um...i can't be late."

Now he was not entirely telling a lie, because he did have an interview with the band the next morning but it wasn't until one o'clock in the afternoon.

"Oh." Was all she could say due to the tight sensation building up in her throat.

"Sorry." He mumbled, averting his gaze.

"Um....it...it's okay, it doesn't matter." She replied, faking a quick smile only to have it collapse back into a frown moments later.

The situation had suddenly become very awkward and Calum felt himself unable to look her in the eye again.

Apart of him in some ways, was afraid to stay with her. There was one double bed and she had a bad reputation....he knew she needed money, but though a strong part of him believed she would not blackmail him for her own good....another part wondered if he would make this weeks papers for sleeping with a prostitute.

"I....i should go." He said, standing up off the bed and already making his way to the door, gathering his things on the way out.

"You don't have to." Her small voice spoke up as she followed after him, keeping a fair distance.

"No, i should ...i've gotta get back and sort everything out for tomorrow." He turned around and met eyes with her, nodding his head in order to reassure himself that he was making the right decision.

"Please can you just stay?" She whispered, looking up at him as he looked down at her weak and frail frame.

He sighed. "Shannel i-"

"Please? You don't have to do anything i just don't really like being alone." She admitted, feeling herself becoming more vulnerable to him with every word she spoke.

"You can sleep on the bed if you want...i can sleep on the floor or..or in the bathtub or something..just please?" She begged, stepping closer to him until they were a mere few inches apart.

He closed his eyes and inhaled, releasing his breath in a loud huff before open his eyes again to look at her.

"I can't" he shook his head slowly. "I'm sorry."

She nodded.....but she did not understand.

She smiled again and even he knew it was fake. Her eyes became glassy and he just took his own cue to leave, knowing if she were to cry in front of him, he would not find himself capable to walk away from her.

"I'll come back tomorrow and check on you." He told her, but of course it made no difference.

Her gaze fell to the floor as her first tear fell. He looked back at her for a few seconds and then just decided to leave, letting himself out and closing the door behind him.

He stood outside the hotel room for a few minutes, trying to tell himself that he did the right thing. Her soft cries were heard from the other side of the door just before he walked towards the elevator that would take him down to the lobby.

Reminding himself that he would be back tomorrow and he made the right choice, he pushed the button on the elevator, watching the small light above it decrease in numbers, signalling it was on its way down.

The doors opened for him to step inside, the small mirrors surrounding the confined space perfectly portrayed Calum's reflection, allowing him to take a good look at himself.

He pulled his phone out from his pocket and briefly read through all of the message that were left for him, deciding to send a simple reply that would reassure everyone that he was fine, before putting it away.

His mind was in a rumble but one thing that was clear was her.........Shannel.

A little while later, when her crying had calmed down and her tears were drying into her skin, there was a knock on her hotel room door.

She picked herself up off the floor, wiping the sides of her face and sniffling, swallowing the lump in her throat.

She opened the door and he stood before her, looking at her sympathetically. Usually she would have hated the look he was giving her, she never wanted sympathy from anyone because it made her feel weaker than she was.........but Calum was no longer just anyone to her.

"One night. But i've gotta leave early in the morning."

*

*

He decided to stay.

*

*

~~~~~~~~~~

OH GOD THIS ONE HURT, ALOT...MY FAVE ONE SO FAR, CALUM I HATE YOU WHY ARE YOU SO PERFECT OH MY GOD I CAN'T....JUST DON'T TOUCH ME.....STAY AWAY!

I'M STILL NOT OVER THIS AND I WROTE IT A WEEK AGO, UGGHH WHHYYY JUST WHYYYY. THE FEELS ARE SO REAL THEYRE LIKE

NON-FICTION

I HAVE NON-FICTION FEELS :,(

-S