0.3

Calum

~~~~~~~

"Finally. What took you so long?" Ashton asked his brown haired friend as he placed down two new glasses of Jack Daniels on the table and perched on the chair next to him.

"The bar was busy." he shrugged, his eyes scanning the dance floor where he could see Melody dancing with another guy, clearly way older than her.

His gaze stayed fixated on her, he watched as she swayed with the man exactly like she did with Calum not fifteen minutes ago. Though this man was clearly more interested than Calum had been, his hands examining the curves on her body as her back stayed pressed against his front and an unredable emotion crossed her face, signalling to Calum that maybe she didn't like what he was doing.

"Are you listening dude?" His friend asked, snapping him out of his daze.

"What?" Calum said, taking his gaze away from the scene to look at his friend who had his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I said, Mike and Luke hooked up with twins somewhere. He said he wanted to bring them back to our place but i said no, i didn't want to hear all the sound effects." he laughed, though Calum's attention was turned to the dancefloor yet again.

"Dude who are you looking at?" Ashton asked, rather annoyed that his friend was paying no attention to him.

Calum, didn't answer. He watched as Melody turned around and stood on her tiptoes to whisper into the mans ear, as his hands lowered and rested on her bum. He didn't know why but Calum found himself becoming somewhat aggrivated sitting there watching the events unfold.

The man took her hand in his and began leading her away from the dancefloor, towards the direction of the exit. Before he could contemplate what he was doing, Calum jumped out of his seat and followed suit, unaware of what he was actually going to do. He heard his friend yell at him asking him where he was going but he kept walking till soon enough he was outside with them and his arm was pulling her back.

She gasped, turning to him, one arm caught in Calum's grip, the other grasped in the older mans. Her eyes were filled with both anger and surprise as she looked him in the eye and told him to let go.

"Do you even know who he is?" Calum raised an eyebrow at the older man that was now looking down at him, as if ready to attack.

"Get lost Calum." She spat, trying to pull free of his grip which only seemed to tighten.

"Do you know him?" The man asked her, clearly frustrated in more ways than one.

"N-no" She stuttered

"Then come on." he growled.

"Melody you don't even know who he i-" Calum tried reasoning, unsure why he was actually doing it.

"Melody? You told me your name was April." the man questioned, his grip on her releasing.

"It is." She turned to Calum. "I...look you must have me confused with someone else."

"You just called him Calum." The man stated, pointing at him as his eyes grew wide in annoyance.

"I...." she found herself lost for words, unaware of what to do.

"I...uh..."

"I'm her boyfriend." The words rolled of Calum's tongue so fast, he had no time to retract them.

"WHAT!!" they both yelled in unison.

The man had then completely dropped her grip and angrily stormed away, but not before throwing a profanity her way.

She stood there, arms folded and eyes like daggers waiting for the brown haired boy to fight his case.

"Why.did.you.do.that.?" she gritted her teeth at him, wanting nothing more than to throw another smack to his face, which she did when he opened his mouth to speak.

"You stubborn asshole, how dare you?. If you don't want me then you need to piss off, i don't have time for your shit." Each word she spat,laced with anger and hatred towards him, whilst he stood there yet again, rubbing his sore face with his hand.

"Gosh, do you have to be such a bitch, i was only trying to help you." that earned him another slap in the face, literally.

"Help me! how was that helping me?" she yelled, throwing her hands in the air dramatically.

"He could've done anything to you." He argued rubbing the same cheek again.

"So what, it's not your problem so butt out."

"So what, you were just going to let him do as he pleased?"

"Yes. As long as i got paid in the morning i really don't care. He had money that i needed and now you've gone and screwed it all up."

"Wow. You are some low level chick." that angered her even more. She raised her hand to smack him again when he stooped her, grabbing her wrist and pushing her till her body was backed up on the wall."

"Stop. Hitting Me." he growled. She swallowed hard and looked him in the eye. He could see the emotion of fear clealry evident in hers, causing him to soon release her arm and take a step back.

She dropped her gaze, rubbing her now sore wrist with her other hand, in an attempt to soothe the skin.

"You think i like doing this?" She said, her eyes fluttering up to meet his, where in the streetlight he could see had now become glassy.

"You think i like, sleeping with strange men for a living? You think i like having their hands all over me, while i just lie there and take it. Do you?"

"DO YOU?" She yelled, a single tear falling gracefully down the right side of her face.

He did not know how to answer that question.

He felt like a little kid being told off by a teacher, of course he knew the obvious answer must have been no, but he also knew that her question was rheotrical, because of course how could he believe anybody would like that, how could he beleieve somebody would do something like that unless they were of course desperate.

She scoffed and wiped away the tear from her eye, before turning to walk away.

"Wait." He called out to her.

"Just leave me alone." She replied weakly, not bothering to turn back to him as she slowly dissapeared of out sight and into the night.

~~~~~

I SERIOUSLY LOVE THIS BOOK..I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY

OKAY BYE

Rhyme Time Bro

-S