45

Shannel

~~~~~~~

When she had made it back to the hotel room, she felt as though a huge part of her had just been ripped away.

She slowly walked inside the room and swung the door behind her, unaware that it bounced off the hinge and remained open ever so slightly. Silently walking over to the bed she took a seat and sighed, unsure of what exactly to do with herself.

She expected him to see her, she expected him to hear her words and go after her...she expected something, but she had gotten nothing. She was just hoping for something to be left, just like pandoras's box....but unluckily for her there was not.

In her head she believed that Michael wouldn't even mention her name, let alone the fact that she had stood at their doorstep and confessed herself to him with the hope of seeing Calum's face or even hearing his voice...just for one last time.

So as she sat, she wondered, contemplating her life and how it was just one big mess from the very beginning, how none of it ever made sense or had meaning, it was as if her life was a mistake created by God himself, a lost soul in an abyss of millions that had been found.

It just was not fair how she had to be the one to wander the streets alone in the pouring rain, whilst other girls were wrapped up warm at home.

It was not fair that she had to be the one to search and scrimp for leftover food inside and outside of fast food restaurants, hearing the demeaning words people would say about her as she did so whilst other girls could dine in pleasure with their bellies full of food.

It was not fair that she had to sleep with middle aged men, sell her body and get down on her knees in order to provide for herself for the sake of one day, whilst other girls has the luxury of living in a nice house with their boyfriends who had promised them the world.

The only thing that ever became fair was the chocolate haired, brown eyed Australian boy whom she unintentionally came across and happened to fall in love with....but of course....it was unfair that she did not know how to make him stay.

Life's not fair.

Some become more wealthy than others, whilst some can't even afford a single meal for themselves.

Maybe it's the work of God
Maybe it's the work of the Devil.

But even so, if there is a God, then why does he let people suffer? Why doesn't he help those in need and make life equal for everyone? why must he watch people suffer and harm themselves and hurt others for the sake of survival?

Unless if there is a God, he is both himself and the devil?

*

*

*

*

Calum
~~~~~~~~

It had been almost an hour since Shannel had arrived at their doorstep and talked to Michael and all he had done was sit in his room alone staring at the wall opposite him, with his bass guitar in his hand, strumming any old tune to try and occupy his mind, but of course he found that only one thing seemed to occupy his mind........her.

Placing his guitar down beside him in the silence that surrounded the room, as his friends bickered outside the door his mind wandered back to all of the memories of Shannel and everything that had happened between them....how they first met, how he was lucky enough to see her again, how she did not know of his fame and even when finding out seemed unfazed by the whole thing, treating him like a normal person which was exactly how he wanted to be treated.

She had an affect on him and whether he liked it or not, he just could not shake the feeling of her. The way her lips pressed against his so softly, it was as if he was being kissed by an angel. The way her body fit his so perfectly, it was as if she was a missing puzzle piece that he needed after becoming so lost in a world of fame and fans.

She felt like home to him....or at least serenity.

He could be himself around her, not needing to worry about her selling him out for anyone, exploiting him for her own selfish needs or blackmailing him for a sense of his fame which he had experienced from other girls whom he had trusted before.

To him she was Shannel..... and to her.....he was Calum.

That's all there was.

*

*

*

*

It's been a while. :)

I WROTE THIS IN A WAY THAT ALLOWS YOU TO INTERPRET HOW YOU THINK IT WILL END.

AS WELL AS BEING ABLE TO FULLY UNDERSTAND BOTH OF THEIR CHARACTERS AND WHAT EXACTLY THEY HAVE MEANT TO EACH OTHER, AS WELL AS THE IMPACT THEY'VE HAD ON EACH OTHERS LIVES.

Not many chapters left now.. :,(

-S