Chapter 14 - Everything Is Wrong About A Kiss!

Song at the side ----> Play while reading xD "Disturbia" by Rihanna

Chapter 14 - Everything Is Wrong About A Kiss!

After Dan came back from "work," I gave him the exciting news. I kept blabbing and blabbing and he listened, looking bored but patient.

"And that's how I saved a cat from dying!" I exclaimed proudly, smiling widely.

"Wow," he said flatly. "Pretty exciting. Is that all?"

"I got the job, too, but that's not really exciting or important...."

He raised his eyebrows. "You got the job?" he asked, smiling. "Wow, Angie, that's awesome. Congrats." He put his arm around my waist and hugged me with one arm. I could feel myself blushing, being pressed gently against his warm, solid body.

"T-thanks," I mumbled, pulling away from him. "So, did anything exciting happen at work today?"

"Some girl asked me if I was single. I said yes. She asked me out. I said no." He shrugged, as if something like this happened every day.

I snickered. "Did you tell her that you're only into men?"

"Haha, very funny." He rolled his eyes. "But maybe that would help. Ladies would back off of me." He shrugged casually with a grin. "What can I say? I'm just too sexy."

"Ah, you're so full of it! If you want an honest answer, here it is: you are not sexy." Okay fine, it wasn't an honest answer. In fact, it was a total lie. Dan was just more than sexy.

He sneered. "Puh-leeze Angie. You think I don't remember that day when you said I was just so hot?"

I turned red. "I don't remember ever saying that!" Truthfully, I remembered the day perfectly. Ugh, sometimes, I'm so stupid. Dan opened his mouth to say something, but I randomly blurted out, "So, are you going to the gay bar?"

He shot me a dirty look. "I told you, no."

"Why nooot?! I'll come with you! Please!"

"No! I don't want you to come!"

"Fine, if I don't come, will you go?"

"I didn't say that...."

"If you don't go, I'll...I'll...." I couldn't think of anything, so I said instead, "if you go, I'll stop teasing you, okay?"

He considered this. "So...you'll be here, while I go to the 'gay place,' " he made quotes with his fingers, "and you'll stop teasing me?" I nodded and he tapped his finger against his lip. "I'll see."

"Tomorrow night then!" I declared.

"Fine," he sighed reluctantly. "I'll go, I'll go. Which one?"

I grinned. "I'll tell you tomorrow." I had the perfect plan. And yes, that meant, I was not going to be staying home.

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next afternoon, while Dan was at work (he said he finished at six thirty again), I started to work on my diabolical, fool proof plan.

I would be going to the gay bar to spy on Dan. But wanna hear the awesome part? I would be dressed up as a boy! I know, I know, risky, but come on! It'd be fun and Dan wouldn't even recognize me!

I tied all my long hair into a bun and put on a boy cap, which really did make me look like a boy. Well, a feminine looking boy.

I scurried to Dan's room and grabbed his white sweatshirt which was big on me and his baggy jeans which I decided to hold up with a belt. I put on my own sneakers, since they looked pretty boy-like on their own, and admired my work in the mirror.