Chapter 40 - Jacob, I Need To Tell You Something...

Chapter 40 – Jacob, I Need To Tell You Something...

Dan and I headed back to the campfire where everyone was expectantly waiting. Michael, though, had his eyes narrowed at Dan with his mouth twisted. He shook his head slowly. “You ruin everyone’s fun with your motherly behaviour.”

Dan smiled and sat down on the log. He looked up at me, as if waiting for me to sit beside him. Instead, I fought my blush and went over to where Jo was. Just in case someone noticed something going on.

“Did you find Hook man?” Jo teased me with a playful smile.

“He was standing in front of me the whole time,” I said truthfully.

Jo rolled her eyes. “Please.”

“Hey,” Miranda suddenly chirped. “It’s almost time for my beauty rest.” She tossed her hair over her shoulder in an obnoxiously attention-seeking way. “What are the room plans?”

Michael looked thoughtful. “Well...”

“I need a room to myself!” she blurted out. “I can’t stand sharing.”

Spoiled princess, I thought sourly.

“Okay, sure. We have - ”

“Where is Jamie?” I cut in abruptly, looking around; I had almost forgotten about him. Where was he?

“We put him to bed early,” Dan explained to me, and I nodded quickly, avoiding his gaze so I wouldn’t blush again and cause a huge commotion. But his previous words echoed through my mind....

He liked me back.  He actually had feelings for me! I couldn’t seem to explain how much I just wanted to run over and make him hold me.  Who would have ever thought?

“Back to what I was saying,” Michael said curtly, sending me a funny dirty look. “We have five rooms.  Jamie is already sleeping in one, so Miranda, you can have your own room. Now, for the rest of us....I’ll share with Dan.” He shrugged nonchalantly and suddenly, I fought an urge to grin.

Boyfriend, my butt. And all this time I thought they had been doing dirty things together!

Dan also seemed to covering his smile. “Sure.”

“Jo and Angelina?”

Jo looped her arm through mine. “Totally!” she cheeped happily. I couldn’t help but smile at her enthusiasm and cheerful mood.

Michael glanced at Conner and Jacob. They both looked uncomfortable. “Conner, do you mind sharing a room with Jacob? Or is that too weird?”

“It’s alright,” Conner muttered. “As long as he stays on his side of the room.”

Jacob looked to the sky. “I’m okay with that.”

“Nice. So there you go, we have our room plans.” Michael’s eyes suddenly lit up. “But before you go, I just had an amazing idea.”

“No more amazing ideas from you,” Dan interjected. “All your amazing ideas get us in trouble.”

“Hey, pulling an all-nighter can’t get us in trouble now, right?”

Miranda yawned dramatically. “I’m too tired to pull an all-nighter.”

“Please?” It was funny seeing Michael put on his best pout as he looked at Miranda with adorning eyes. “It’s our first night and we should have some fun...”

Miranda blinked at him, flabbergasted and finally, smiled. “Alright, since you put it like that. And since you’re such a hottie, too.”

Michael winked and I pretended to retch. “We won’t make it all night,” Jo stated. “We’ll all fall asleep one by one.”