Chapter 8 - Oh My God, You're Miranda Dalton!

"I have Jacob's number!" I shrieked, running around the apartment and squealing. Dan shot me skeptical and annoyed looks as I did.

After running around five times, he grabbed my arm and pulled me to a stop. "It's not that big of a deal!" he exclaimed.

I sneered. "Jealous?" I asked, waving the beautiful piece of paper in his face.

He rolled his eyes dramatically. "As if I'd wanna call him. What do you expect me to say? 'Oh, hey, this is Dan, the guy from the music store, the one that's hopelessly in love with you. Just wanted to call and ask you out, if that's not too weird. Are you gay, cuz I am!' "

I laughed at his sarcasm and he cracked a small smile, rolling his eyes again. "It's exciting getting a guy's number," I admitted.

He faked hurt. "I gave you my number last night," he said, putting his hand over his heart, looking hurt. "Weren't you....excited then?"

I scowled. "I mean a guy I like!" 

"Stop teasing me, will you?"

"Teasing you is pretty much the only fun around here." I shrugged, unaware of any other fun ideas.

Dan sighed, giving me a pointed look. "You wanna see fun? I'll show you fun."

"Not now," I told him, turning away so my back was to him. "I need to call Jo and give her the happy news."

Dan groaned and sighed heavily. "I'll be in the bathroom."

"Did I really need to know that?" I asked dubiously.

"Of course. You obviously give a shit." He laughed at his own pathetic and lame joke. "Oh, that was a good one!"

I only snorted because he was so retarded and the joke was absolutely cheesy. "Jeez, Dan, you're the gayest person I've ever met. And I mean that will lots of love."

"As if I've never heard that before." He turned around and headed down to the bathroom. Rolling my eyes, I called Jo and did, in fact, give her the happy news. Turns out Jo sucked at guessing games as much as I did.

All I said was, "I have big news!" and she screamed,

"Oh my God, you're pregnant with Dan's child?!''

I gawked, holding back a horrified shriek. ''JO, NO!" How in the world did she even think of such...such preposterous (okay, I admit, that word is kind of funny) things?! Besides, like Dan would ever bang a girl. Not to mention that girl was me. "God, Jo, definitely not! Me and Dan aren't like that!" 

"You're getting married?"

"To who?!"

"Dan?!"

"Nooooo!" Stop saying Dan's name! I whined in my head, pouting. "Nothing between me and Dan, okay?" 

"Um okay....you got accepted to the university you wanted to go to?"

I paused. "No, but that would be big news," I admitted. I sighed heavily. "I got Jacob's number."

"Who? Who's Jacob?"

I suppressed an annoyed groan. "You know? The hot guy from the music store?"

Jo paused and finally, "OH! Him! O-M-G!" she spelled out dramatically, gasping. "You have his number?! Did you call him yet?!"

"No," I hissed. "I'd look desperate then!"

"Oh, true true." Jeez, what the hell would Jo have done? Called him right inside the store, a moment after receiving his number? I shuddered. She was so scary sometimes. "So, did he seem interested in you or anything?"