Chapter 43 - None Of This Was Your Fault!

Song at the side!  ---> Listen to it, it describes the chapter perfectly! Or almost perfectly, lol.

Chapter 43 – None Of This Was Your Fault!

For a moment, I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I even rubbed them, expecting all of this to be some sort of outlandish dream.

But no freaking way. Jason, my newly found best friend’s brother, had been behind all this! It was just so hard to grasp because I had taken Jason for such a sweet person who wouldn’t dare hurt a fly. But this was outrageous – he had taken advantage of my cousin!

“You son of a gun!” I shouted without thinking, and after a moment, I realized how absurd my voice sounded. “How dare you use my cousin for your own pleasure? Are you that desperate?”

Jason’s eyes widened, almost innocently. “Wait, excuse me? Angelina, I - ”

“You know him?” Dan asked from beside me, though he sounded very surprised.

“Yes! He’s Jo’s brother!” I cried angrily, giving Jason an antagonistic glare. “How could you even think about doing that, Jason?”

“Angelina, what are you talking about?” he pleaded. “Why are you even here?”

“I came here to meet you instead of Jessica so I could beat the living daylights out of you!” I bellowed.

Jason’s jaw fell. “Jessica?” he squeaked. “How do you...”

I took a forceful step forward, narrowing my eyes viciously.  “How do I know Jessica? Guess what, Jason? She’s my cousin.”

Jason couldn’t have looked anymore shocked, even if he tried. “Cousin?”

“You two-faced jerk! You took advantage of my cousin! You gave her tequila, and then you led her upstairs and had – ”

Jason’s jaw had kept dropping with each word I said but finally, he shook his head quickly. “No! You’re misunderstanding, I didn’t do anything to her!”

“Shut up!”

“No, please Angelina,” he insisted. “At least hear my side of the story? I don’t know what Jessica told you, but at least listen to me.”

I glanced at Dan to see what he thought I should do. He was giving Jason a serious and indignant look, and he glanced at me with a curt nod. I exhaled slowly and said, “You’ve got two minutes. Chop chop.”

Jason took a shaky breath in and finally raised his eyes to mine. I noticed how dark and brooding they looked in the dark night with just the dim streetlamp above us. “I went to the party and saw Jessica,” he said at last. “She looked very young, but it was a party for seniors, so I thought she was a senior. I still think she is.” He raised an eyebrow questioningly.

“She’s fourteen,” I said witheringly, attempting to keep my voice calm.

Jason’s eyes widened a fraction more, but he quickly composed himself. “Oh,” he said quietly. “I didn’t know that. So, I went up to her and I asked her if she waiting for someone, since she looked so lost and confused. She said she was waiting for her sister, and asked me if I was a senior. I told her I was.

“I offered her a drink but - ” he quickly rushed on before I could interrupt again, “ – I had no idea that it had been spiked. I didn’t know that there was tequila in it; it looked like plain old root beer. She drank it all and then started acting kind of fuzzy. Not really drunk, just a little tipsy.”

“But you still took her up to the bedroom, didn’t you?” Dan asked him in a low voice.

“Only so she could rest,” Jason exclaimed. “I didn’t touch her at all! I would have never done that, especially when she wasn’t even in her right mind.”