Chapter 5 - I Don't Have Any Money On Me!

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked, taking in my surroundings. I realized I was still in the living room and the T.V was on, but the screen was black. I looked to my right and was startled to find Dan, still sound asleep.

I sat up, also realizing I had been sleeping against him. Oh crap, I'm lucky he's still asleep, I thought, stretching. What happened last night?

We had been watching a movie until Dan had fallen asleep. Stupid boy. Then, I must have fallen asleep, too. So, what happened to the movie? I sighed, rubbing my eyes. I guess it finished.

Beside me, Dan stirred and blinked several times, looking around the room. He glanced at me and smiled tiredly. "Morning."

"Yeah, morning," I muttered, standing up and slumping my shoulders which were still tired. "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Please hurry up."

"I'll see what I can do." I shuffled to the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. Oh! I looked awful. My bun had fallen apart and my hair was all over my head. My face was pale and tired and my clothes were crumpled. Ugh, even Dan looked hot when he woke up in the morning!

I brushed my teeth, and washed my face thoroughly. Then, I combed through my messy hair and headed back to my room so I could change. "I'm DONE!" I called to Dan. I shut my door behind me and paused in front of my closet. What to wear?

Finally, I did random pick. Closing my eyes, I grabbed a random shirt and wasn't surprised to see that it was my tank top. Slipping it on, I changed into shorts and slipped into my flip-flops. I tied my hair in a messy bun and smiled at myself. I looked pretty summery.

Before leaving my room, I caught a glimpse of the clock. It was...holy macaroni, 2:00? How long had we slept? I entered the kitchen and debated whether or not to wait for Dan so he could make me something.

It's not like he's my husband, I told myself sullenly. So, I made myself another bowl of cereal. Halfway through, Dan entered the kitchen and I couldn't help but check him out. He looked hot, as usual. His black hair was scattered over his head, and his brown eyes were excited, as usual. He wore a plaid button up short, rolling it up to his elbows and he wore faded jeans. "Hey," he said. "You could have waited. I would have made you something."

"Eh. I got hungry." I washed the bowl and poured myself a glass of orange juice. "Are you going anywhere today?"

"Yeah, later in the afternoon," he said.

"Friends?"

"No." He didn't say where he was going but I didn't push him to. It could have been private or something embarrassing. Like a meeting for gay people. I stifled my giggle.

Dan glanced at me, raising an eyebrow. "What's so funny?" Damn, he caught me.

"Nothing," I said quickly, sipping my juice, trying to fight my smile.

He rolled his eyes. "You thought of something nasty again, didn't you?"

"No way!" But now that he mentioned it....I looked thoughtful.

"Stop," he hissed. "I'm not doing anything inappropriate!"

I snorted, and sipped. "Okay." I didn't sound convinced and he glared at me. "What are you making for breakfast today?"

"Toast." He dug in the fridge and pulled out the bag of bread. He took out two slices of bread and popped them into the toaster. Setting it to low, he pushed down the toaster plunger and waited. "What are you going to do today?"