Chapter 13 - Where Is Dan Robins, The Sexually Harassing Pervert?

Dan Robin's POV

"Morning Dan," a woman named Cecelia greeted me, love clearly visible in her eyes. Yup, that's right. I notice things like this. I mean, what kind of guy doesn't?

"Morning Cece," I said, smiling at her and she nearly had a nosebleed. I walked down the hall and smiled at John. "Hey John, what are you doing?''

I know, it's only my first day here, but yesterday, I had managed to make a lot of friends (especially with the ladies.) I already loved the job, since I didn't really have to anything important.

John smiled. "Hey, Dan. Ready for your first day?''

"You bet." I pumped my fist to show my enthusiasm and John laughed, patting my shoulder. I headed down to my awesome office that everyone would die for and closed the door behind me. My office had the perfect view of the city, and I loved it.

I sat the desk, spinning in the awesome spinning chair. I was about to turn the computer on and check some files (yes, I did do work), until I heard a familiar voice out the door.z

"Where is Dan Robins?!"

I raised an eyebrow, trying to remember whose voice it was. Oh, of course, how could I forget Angie's loud voice? But...wait. What was she doing here? And why did she sound so upset?

I stood up, heading to the door and paused when I saw her down the hall, looking furiously at John.

"In his office," John said slowly, looking terrified of Angie. I didn't blame him.

Angie growled. "Bring him out here, NOW!"

John stepped back, away from the Tasmanian devil. "His office is down there," he said helplessly.

"I said bring him!" Angie glowered, glaring at everyone in the room. "Where is Dan Robins, the sexually harassing pervert?!"

I groaned. Did she really have to scream that out? Talk about a bad impression. But I stepped out of my dark realm, and cleared my throat. "Over here Angie," I said, waving.

She spun around and her glare got even....scarier. "Dan!" She raced towards me and punched me in the stomach. I winced, because for a little girl like her, she sure had a hard punch.

"What did I do?" I asked, rubbing my stomach.

Angie looked like a bull, steaming pouring out of her nose. "What did you mean in the morning?!" she screeched, unaware of all the unwanted eyes on us. "I will never promise you that!"

I considered this. "Promise me.....what are you talking about?"

"The 'marrying you' promise! I'll never marry you pervert, never ever!" She stomped on my foot and I grimaced. Seriously, I would end up in a hospital because of her.

"I was only kidding, Angie," I said, raising an eyebrow. "Didn't think you'd take it seriously." Had my promise bothered her all day? Hmm...that's something.

Angie's eyes widened. She opened her mouth but closed it, blinking. "K-kidding...." She looked around the room, finally noticing everyone's horrified glances. "You were....kidding?"

"No duh," I said. "What'd you think? I was actually desperate enough to marry you?"

She glared murderously at me, getting over her shock quicker than I'd expected. "What's that supposed to mean?" she snapped. "And your jokes aren't funny!"

"Suppose not." I glanced at the nearby clock which read 11: 05. "Well, you'd better go and....hey, did you find a job?"

Angie's face immediately dropped, and she looked crestfallen. Her expression was so sad, that it....kind of alarmed me. "No," she whispered, her voice cracking.