Chapter 6 - Don't Be A Party Pooper!

My headache was slowly fading and Dan made me a special dinner: fried rice, my favourite. He was a really good cook, even if that did seem a little unmanly to some people, but I appreciated it. Atleast one of us could cook so we wouldn't have to starve.

I ate up quickly and he just watched me with amusement. I scowled. "Don't your friends get freaked out when you watch them eat?" I demanded.

"I don't watch my friends eat," he announced.

"Big whoop," I muttered and then paused, smirking. "You never answered my question."

"I haven't answered alot of your questions, Angie. You'll have to be more specific," he reminded.

"Are you in love with any of your friends?"

He groaned. "Not this again!"

"Aw, c'mon, tell me! You can trust me, I won't tell anyone!''

"I bet half your friends already know I'm gay," he muttered darkly.

"Actually no," I said. "I didn't tell any of them."

He looked surprised. "You didn't?"

 I shook my head and shrugged. "It's none of their business."

He looked momentarily lost for words and swallowed. "Um...thanks, Angie."

"Hey, don't call me Angie!"

"It's a nickname!" he protested.

"Let me give you a nickname," I challenged, smirking evilly. I had a million names in store for him.

He rolled his eyes. "Not much you can make out of Dan."

"Who said I was making it based on your name?" I asked and laughed bitterly. "Ready to hear it?" He nodded and  I took a deep breath. "Ugly."

"Ugly?!" he exclaimed. "No! That's a stupid name! That's not even a real nickname!"

"But totally true," I lied, with a cocky wink. He growled at me. "But don't change the subject! Are you in love with any of your friends?"

"No, I'm not!" he hissed. "I'm not in love with anyone right now!"

"You haven't found Mr. Right?" I snickered.

"You know what? Keep talking and I'll knock you out with some drugs," he threatened.

"Terrifying," I told him sarcastically, taking a sip of my juice. He rolled his eyes at me and leaned back against the sofa, running his hand through his hair casually. He looked pretty hot when he did that, I realized.

"Are you tired?" he asked me. "It's almost your bedtime."

"Big girls like me don't have bedtimes," I told him flatly. But suddenly, a thought occured to me: I'd have to sleep all alone in my room, in the dark....with that scary movie last night and the burglar incident just a few moments ago, I wasn't prepared to sleep alone for a long time. "D-do I have to sleep in my room?''

"Where else would you sleep?" Dan asked, sounding confused and slightly amused.

"Well....I'm a little scared....." I mumbled, stuffing my mouth with a spoonful of rice.

"Well, I wouldn't blame you," he agreed. He glanced at me, a mysterious glint in his eyes and a cautious yet mysterious smile approached his lips. "Would you like to sleep with me?"

I nearly choked on my rice. "You're kidding!" Although the idea was terrible and a million things would go wrong, I found myself actually considering it. I felt safe around Dan and he'd protect me; I wouldn't feel scared around someone's presence.