Chapter 11 - Jacob + Conner + Dan = ?

Chapter 11- Jacob + Conner + Dan = ?

Dan was seriously pissed with me. He wouldn't talk to me at all as the four of us, Miranda, Jacob, him and me, headed up to Miranda and Conner's apartment.

"Dan!" Miranda squealed, running her hand down Dan's chest. "You look so damn hot!"

Dan didn't respond, a permanent scowl on his face. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were intense and made of steel.

I swallowed hard. Man, this is all my fault, I thought. Why did I leave the key in the apartment? I sulked, feeling like an idiot. Well, I was an idiot, no doubt about it.

"Don't worry," Jacob tried assuring me. "It's not your fault, everyone forgets once in their life." He paused. "Do you want me to leave?"

"It's fine Jacob," Dan said to him flatly. "Stay if you'd like. No problem at all." But he didn't sound enthusiastic or open about the idea at all. In fact, he still sounded furious, which only made me feel even worse.

I sighed and glanced at Dan. Was this the Dan that had kissed my head? I wondered, slightly feeling embarrassed. I looked down at the ground. He kissed my head. Not my lips or even my cheek, but my head. Well....I guess that's okay. 

Miranda just kept blabbering, even though nobody wanted to hear what she had to say. "I had an amazing time with my parents! We went shopping and I only spent a thousand dollars! Can you believe it? I'm saving up big time!"

I cringed. That little creeper was showing off all her money now? I just wanted to yell at her, but decided it wasn't the right time. Dan was already as mad as it was, no need for a hot tempered weirdo like me to join the party.

And I was praising Jacob. He was taking this in so calmly, like it happened everyday. And he didn't squeal about Miranda or look surprised. He must not be a big fan of her.

"Is Jacob allowed to stay, Miranda?" I asked.

She smiled, a real smile. "Of course. Who is he? Your friend? Brother?"

I winced and Jacob chuckled. "No," I muttered, turning red. "I-I...I don't really wanna talk about it right now...."

"We're dating," Jacob announced and I resisted the urge to glare at him. Why did he have to sound to straight forward about it? Didn't he know how easily I blushed?

"You're dating?" Miranda asked in shock. "Angelina, didn't you say you weren't into any boys?"

"I didn't really say that," I protested but sighed in defeat. "Whatever. It's no big deal." Please. If only she knew how nervous I was inside.

"Right," she giggled, clearly not trusting my words. I sighed as we approached room 707. Time to see pervert number 2.

Miranda knocked on the door and Conner answered immediately, as if he'd been standing behind the door the whole time. I gave him a funny look and he smirked at me, letting in his princess, his perverted partner in crime, a total stranger he didn't know, and me. Normal me. Eh, who was I kidding, I was anything but normal.

"You came earlier than expected," Conner whispered to me as I entered. "I said to come at seven."

I growled. "Shut up Conner, Angelina here is in a bad mood," I hissed through my gritted teeth.

''Dan looks really mad," Conner remarked. "Was he locked out for long?"

"I'm guessing yes."

"Yikes." Conner chuckled and I sighed, slumping my shoulders. I headed into the living room and plopped down onto the sofa, tipping my head back and closing my eyes. Well, atleast they had guest rooms. Two guest rooms, huh....but wait. My eyes fluttered open. There's three of us and only two rooms. That means....