Chapter 37 - I'll Get My Ass Back Home

"Angelina!" my aunt Claire exclaimed when I stepped foot into the house. I had nearly forgotten that my family was coming for the barbecue.

Before I could react, she gave me the hugest bear hug ever, nearly killing me altogether. I tried to bear with the pain and finally, she released me, kissing both my cheeks. "It's been so long since we've seen you!"

I tried a smile. "Hey Aunt Claire," I greeted back awkwardly. "Nice to see you, too!"

Behind her, I spotted my two favorite twin cousins: Jessica and Jenette. They were both fourteen and pretty mature for their ages, so it was easy to talk to them. Although, Jessica happened to be very dirty minded (worse than Dan) and Jenette was very troublesome. When you told her not to do something, she did it.

"Hey guys," I said cheerfully, smiling at time, momentarily forgetting my misery. 

Jessica smiled at back and Jenette rolled her eyes. "Looks like she didn't forget us after all," she said wryly, tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder (which matched her sister's hair).

I laughed. "Forget you two? Impossible." As if they were easily to be forgotten anyways. "I missed you guys. What have you been up to?"

"We could ask you the same thing," Jessica replied, now smirking. "Heard you've been off doing naughty, naughty things with a hot stranger named John."

"His name was Dan," Jenette corrected, smirking with her sister.

I turned red, rolling my eyes at them. "Yeah right. Whatever, let's go eat some barbecue chicken."

"Angelina!" a voice cried. I turned just in time to see a familiar auburn haired boy. Meet James, an eight year old boy who happens to be the son of my mother's friend. Just then, he tackled me in a hug and I nearly fell backwards.

Oh, another thing: He happens to be obsessed with me. No, I mean really obsessed and in love with me. I find it cute the way he thinks we're going to get married. Maybe scary, too.

"Hey James!" I ruffled his shaggy hair and pried him off me. "How are you?"

He brightened. "Great, especially until now! Where did you go? Why did you go? I missed you! I'm so happy that you're back! You can't leave again!"

I laughed nervously. "I won't, I won't." At least that wasn't a lie. "First, can we get some chicken? Because I'm hungry. Come on."

Jessica, Jenette and James followed me to the backyard where my father was grilling up burgers and hot dogs now. The entire patio was occupied by my aunts, uncles, and parent's friends and I had to slide past them just to reach my food.

My dad handed me a plate with a burger and two chicken legs and I grabbed a chair, sitting down and chomping down my food ravenously. Jessica and Jenette plopped down beside me onto the grass. "So, how hot is he?" Jessica asked curiously.

I fought a blush and focused on my burger. "Who?"

"John!"

"Dan," Jenette corrected again.

I snorted. "Dan? He's not that hot. He's decent looking."

"Oh," both girls said simultaneously in disappointment. I felt bad for lying - I mean seriously, you couldn't call Dan "decent-looking." Conner and Jacob is what you call decent-looking. But Dan....I couldn't find the right word for him.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to me. "Hey, do you guys want to see him?"

Their eyes widened. "Can we?" they both exclaimed. Wow, they were pretty good at that, speaking at the same time...