Chapter 12 - I'm Working Here?!

I got out of the bathroom ten minutes later. The hall was empty and I slowly trudged to the guest room where Dan was. I was feeling exhausted, yes, but also confused and stressed out.

Jacob or Conner? I knew I liked Jacob, but I couldn't possibly date him knowing some freak had a crush on me. Not to mention a devastatingly hot freak. Conner. Conner, Conner, Conner, why must you torture me like this?

Do I like Conner? I wondered sourly, shaking my head. Woah, liking two guys at the same time? No need to stress out some more.

I sighed as I entered the room, not even looking up at Dan. 

"What's wrong?" Dan asked from across the room. I shut the door behind me, staring down at the ground, unsure of what to say. "Are you mad because of the thing in the hallway?"

"No," I mumbled, glancing up at him. "I just found out about something...."

"Oh, no." He sounded concerned. "Angie, what is it? Is it something bad?" I was grateful at how worried he sounded. But it wasn't anything bad, really. I wasn't going to die in two days or something. But I really appreciated his care.

"Not bad," I admitted. "Not really anyways." I sighed.

"Need a hug?" he asked, stretching his arms out, grinning but his eyebrow was raised in a hopeful, concerned way.

I blinked. "Are you really going to hug me?" I asked hesitantly. Was he kidding or not, because truthfully....I wanted a hug. Not from just him, but anybody really.

He smiled charmingly. "Come here, Baby Doll."

I scowled but slowly walked towards him. I paused in front of his arms, studying his face. His smile grew and he grabbed me, bringing me closer to him. I was pressed against his warm, hard, solid chest, but it felt good. I buried my face in his chest, feeling secure. "Thank you," I mumbled into his chest.

"Welcome," he murmured, nuzzling his nose in my hair. 

I pulled away, exhaling and smiled a small smile. "Did you really call Miranda beautiful?" I asked, smirking. "Everything about her is gorgeous?" I mimicked.

Dan grimaced. "Shut up," he said, flicking the side of my head. "Ignore what I said. I regret saying it."

"Why did you say them?" I asked curiously.

He returned my mocking smirk. "Are you jealous?" He brought his lips near my ear. "Don't worry Angie, you're more than gorgeous and beautiful. I can't even find the word to describe this."  He slowly brought his hand down my back and I shivered, glaring at him.

"Put a sock in it," I hissed. "And I am not jealous!"

He rolled his eyes. "You sure love denying things."

"Listen pervert, I am not jealous!"

He flashed his teeth. "I'm not surprised. But I'd be pleased if you were jealous," he admitted.

"Why?" I asked, bewildered.

A triumphant smile danced on his lips. "It'd show how much you like me."

"Ah, shut up! Nobody likes you!"

"Aw, hurtful." He put his hand on his heart, faking hurt and I scowled, a small smile tugging at my lips. "You wanna listen to music?"

"How?" I asked, looking around the room. My eyes landed on a radio in the corner and Dan walked over to it. "Sure."

"Okay." He tuned into KISS 92.5, my favourite station, and one of my songs was playing: Kiss You Inside Out by Hedley. I love that song, yes, but right now, it probably wasn't the most suitable song. I swallowed hard, watching Dan who was also taking in the lyrics.