CHAPTER 60: INSIDE JOB !2!

Smokescreen groaned as he slowly came to. He was about to open his optics but squeezed them shut again the moment a small slit of light hit them. Primus, it hurts. His audio receptors were still vaguely ringing but he could pick up conversation....the voices....they sounded familiar but.....no, they didn't sound like his teammates voices.

One of his door wings ached, it felt like it got stabbed repeatedly. His entire body ached, it was as though he got hit by the Dark Star Sabre or Breakdown all over again. 'Where am I? What happened?' he asked himself. "Ugh....." he groaned and finally managed to open his optics.

"Wakey wakey~" An all too familiar narcissistic voice said. His optics opened and the first thing he saw was Knockout standing over him.

"What?!" he said in surprise. Instincts kicked in but he couldn't move. He grunted and struggled and it was then he realized he was strapped to a slab of sorts. The energon binds kept his servos and pedes pinned down. He gritted his denta and squirmed to no avail.

Then it came back to him.

Going to watch a movie with Evelyn.

Going for a drive.

Him about to send Evelyn home only to get a call from Arcee.

Dreadwing and Soundwave attacking them.

Hiding Evelyn in a cave.

Going to face off against the cons.

Getting blasted by the Resonance Blaster from Soundwave.

Getting dragged into a groundbridge.

Darkness.

He looked down at his wrist and realized the Phase Shifter wasn't there. He gritted his denta in frustration and glared at Knockout who was no doubt the culprit.

"If you're looking for your Phase Shifter, finders keepers." Knockout said and showed Smokescreen that he in fact had said relic on his own wrist. "No more disappearing tricks." Knockout taunted.

Smokescreen's anger and hatred towards the Decepticon medic increased. Gosh, he really wanted to wipe that smirk off, preferably with a good punch to the faceplate.

"Enough prattling Knockout, hand me the next Iacon relic, now." Megatron said coming into view.

'Great, he's here too.' Smokescreen thought. Then a horrible thought struck him. 'Is Eve here too?' he wondered. Then he discarded the thought, if his memory serves, the Autobots arrived before Dreadwing or Soundwave could go after her. And even if they did capture her, chances are Knockout would've mocked him about that by now.

"Yeah, I can't really help ya. That's the only one I was packing." Smokescreen said and tilted his helm towards Knockout who was examining the Phase Shifter with great interest.

"Besides, there are no more Iacon entries. What other relics could there be?" Smokescreen asked. 'They may not know about the other keys that Alpha Trion split up, best to play dumb for now.'

He tilted his helm sideways in the nick of time and winced as Megatron's fist slammed a hair's breath away from his helm.

"Do not take me for a fool." He growled. "Soundwave." Megatron called.

The silent Decepticon began to display the jumbled mess of red and blue pixels on his visor.

"You've got the wrong guy, chief. Optimus Prime's the only one who can decode the Iacon database." Smokescreen said. But this just made him even more confused as to why the cons were after him. 'Buckethead already knows this so why me? Another ransom? Leverage?' he asked himself.