CHAPTER 3

A/N: PS readers, :------------------: is Bumblebee talking.

In an energon mine (that's God knows where)......

Smokescreen's p.o.v

"Eat this glitch-head!" I said as I blasted a vehicon's head off. I ducked under a blow from behind and slammed my fist into his midriff and sent him flying to two of his comrades. 

I was currently fighting in an energon mine with my team, Team Prime. It was supposed to be simple, get in, grab the energon and get out. Then again, things never go as planned.

The mine here was loaded with energon that's been here for Primus knows how long. But it was honestly smaller compared to the others I've been to before.

Then again, I haven't exactly been here as long as the others so I guess I wouldn't really know. Anyways, the point is, right now we were fighting in an energon mine over energon against the cons.

Yup, it's just another typical day in my life.

I turned around and used my energon blasters to blast away three vehicons and gave one that tried to sneak up on me a good right hook before I punched through his torso and extinguished his spark.

I honestly thought this was pointless. I mean it's just a small energon mine; the cons probably have loads more that are 10 times bigger than this one! So why even bother putting up such a fight?

I heard a roar and turned around only to see two cons flying. There was a 'crash' and a metallic 'thunk' as their bodies fell down onto the floor limp. My best guess is that the culprit was Bulkhead.

I tore my gaze from them and focused on fighting. Soon I found myself blasting at cons back-to-back with our silent yellow Autobot scout, Bumblebee.

"You got any idea why they're putting up such a fight?" I asked him over the sounds of gunfire. 

:Don't they always do that?: Bee beeped/said.

"Well, yeah. But why in such a small mine like this? It won't be that big a loss if they just ditch it ya know." I replied.

:Maybe it's not the energon but what's with it here, in the mine.: Bee guessed.

"Like what, rocks?" I said sarcastically. "Bee, on your six!" I warned him. Bee flipped over the con and kicked his back. I continued to blast at the cons but one of them managed to sneak up beside me and tackled me down. Before I could push him off, more piled on top of me. I immediately began firing away to try and get them off.

"Get...off..me!" I yelled as I finally managed to get back up and push them away. I grabbed a vehicon's head and shot him through the chest, then I used him as a shield and charged towards the other cons.

:Smokey, let's try Maximum Overdrive!: Bee suggested. I looked at him.

"Just the two of us?!" I asked him. He nodded. I thought about it and noticed that the others were busy so I nodded. "Then let's roll." I told Bee before transforming into my alt mode which was an Indy 500 Mclaren MP4-12C racecar. Bee transformed into his alt mode, an Urbana 500.

We revved up our engines and charged. We slammed and ran over a bunch of cons. I heard a bunch of 'crunch' as their bodies got slammed into or ran over. Back on Cybertron stellar cycles ago (A/N: or is it eons?), during my first battle, hearing said 'crunch' and seeing the spark of cons extinguish would haunt me for a while. Now, it doesn't even faze me.