CHAPTER 44: THE STAR SABER; [2]

"That. Was. Awesome!" Smokescreen said as he drove back. "Man, that movie was so cool!"

"I know right?" Evelyn said. She had decided to bring him to watch a movie at a drive-in theatre and it was worth it. After some discussion they had decided to watch G.I. Joe and it was truly worth their time.

"Man, those soldiers were awesome, they've certainly earned my respect." Smokescreen said. "Still though, that ninja guy kinda creeps me out."

"I think he's cool. But you have a point, he kinda reminds me of Soundwave now that I think about it." Evelyn said.

"What cha think about the silent con anyway?" Smokescreen asked.

"Well one thing we can both agree on is that we hate Starscream." Evelyn said.

"Who doesn't?" Smokescreen snorted.

"Yeah, but still, Miss Brinna is so goanna flip when she finds out what we did." Evelyn said and grinned as she remembered the second prank she decided to do with Smokescreen- stuffing pizza into her first History teacher's car exhaust pipe.

"Yeah, whoever invented pizza was a genius!" Smokescreen said and transformed back.

"Definitely!" Evelyn said and they dissolved into helpless laughter at the thought.

"Will you two keep it down?!" Ratchet snapped before turning back to the console. "Arcee? Bulkhead? Bumblebee? Optimus? Can anyone hear me?" he asked only to receive static in response again.

Ratchet's worried tone immediately brushed off whatever witty remark Evelyn was going to make about his grumpiness. Smokescreen noticed too and his joking manner dissipated.

"What's wrong?" Evelyn asked.

"What's going on?" Smokescreen asked. "What did I miss?"

"Optimus and the others went to investigate an Iacon locater beacon in China, but our sensors just picked up a second one. And I can't reach Optimus." Ratchet said.

Evelyn frowned, something was off. "Am I the only one who think the cons are playing a hand in this?" she said aloud.

"Sadly, no." Ratchet said grimly.

"I'll go." Smokescreen volunteered and took a step forward.

"Alone? You can't be serious!" Ratchet said.

"You have a better option?" Smokescreen asked. He was worried too, he's only been on Earth for a while but he's been on it long enough to know just how dangerous the relics it hides are and what the cons could do with them.

Ratchet realized that he was right. He still couldn't contact the others and by the time he does, it might be too late.

He sighed. "Fine." He said reluctantly and activated the groundbridge. "Be careful."

Smokescreen looked at the groundbridge then back to Ratchet and noticed the medic was now focused on the console again.

"He says fine, but I still don't think he wants me to go. Not alone at least." Smokescreen said with a small hint of mischief and adventure in his tone.

Evelyn saw where this was going. "I know that look, I don't know Smokes......" she said. The thought of facing the cons a bit terrified her. Then she was even more shocked as she realized this. How could she be terrified of them after what she and Miko went through? Then she realized that these past few days she's been living in constant paranoia, she never told the others and kept it to herself but even she's noticed how she seems to sometimes flinch when she sees a black car.