CHAPTER 49

"Are we going to address the elephant in the room or what?" Miko asked.

Currently, Jack, Miko, Raf and Evelyn were gathered together in Jack's room. Miko sat on his bed with Evelyn at her feet leaning against the bed, Raf was sitting on the beanie bag while Jack was sitting on the swivel chair by his desk.

After they had arrived home, Jack had promptly called them over to his house for a 'meeting' to discuss about the recent turn in events.

They hadn't argued and after some pleading and convincing, Miko, Raf and Evelyn managed to convince their respective parents/ hosts to let them stay the night over at Jack's place.

Luckily Miss Darby had understood. Jack hadn't told her about the Autobots discovery to revive their home and luckily she knew when to not pry and give them some space.

And so, that was how Team Prime's human allies found themselves here.

"I don't want them to leave." Raf said and he couldn't hold it in anymore as he sniffled. "I don't want Bumblebee to leave me."

"I can't believe that they might leave after all we've been through. I mean, I get that they miss their home and after everything they've done, they deserve it but....I don't wanna say goodbye to them either." Miko said.

"But what say do we have in this? C'mon, we have to admit that we're being selfish here. I don't want them to leave either but their race needs them. And even so, it's not like we can tag along." Evelyn said.

"Maybe the doc can rig up some kind of suit for us to go to Cybertron with them?" Miko suggested optimistically. "Like the suit he made for Jack to go to Vector Stigma."

"It's not that easy Miko. We're tiny. We're talking about living among titan robots. How do you think they'll react to us?" Jack said.

"M-Maybe they can keep in touch with us at least?" Raf asked.

"Raf, I'm no astrophysicist but their planet is probably thousands, if not millions of light years away and I highly doubt they can receive E-mail back there." Evelyn said with a sigh.

For a while, a tense silence enveloped the room. It was suffocating.

They all knew they were being selfish....but can you blame them?

Evelyn was taking it harder than she thought. If anything, she has realized at one point that someday her guardian will have to leave her. She had accepted it philosophically.....or so she thought.

One of the biggest challenges in life is to get both your heart and mind to comply with the same thing.

'I love him.....I love Smokes.' She thought over and over again. Surprisingly....she didn't mind if anything she was surprised herself at how fast she's learned to embrace the fact.

But at the same time, she hated herself for doing so. That made accepting this fact even harder. But if he left, who would fill in the role he had brought into her life?

Smokescreen was everything she ever could've asked for. He was cocky yet caring and knew when to put others before himself. He was so cheerful and funny and confident and what's more, he was supportive and friendly and he was always there for her. Who would be there for her if he left?

She wanted to be with him...she wanted to run up to him and confess her feelings and be together. But......she had to be realistic. He's another species all together. He'd live longer than her and she rather spare them both of the heartache.