CHAPTER 58: CAPTURED!

Meanwhile back with Evelyn and Smokescreen......

The two of them were taking a relaxing drive down the roads and back towards town. Evelyn yawned.

"Tired already?" Smokescreen asked.

"Yeah..." Evelyn admitted and checked the time.

9:45 p.m.

"I think it's best if I go home soon, I've got curfew." Evelyn said.

"Aw, already?" Smokescreen asked disappointed. He didn't want this night to end just yet. He realized he never wanted it to end if anything. "I pity you human teens and your curfews."

"Don't worry mate, it's not like this is the end." Evelyn said. "This is nice. I really enjoy it."

"Same here." Smokescreen said. "You...wanna do this again sometime?" he asked.

"Of course!" Evelyn replied.

"Cool." Smokescreen said and pretended to play it cool but mentally he was patting himself on the back. 'This is just the first. First things first. Take it slow. She said yes, that's a good sign.' he told himself.

 "......Smokes?" Evelyn said bringing him back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"I....I just want to say that.....I want to let you know I want to spend every moment I have with you to the fullest before you leave." Evelyn said.

Smokescreen was once again touched by her words. "Thanks, partner. Don't worry, this hotshot ain't leaving town just yet. Now enough sappy stuff. Buckle up."

"For what wooooooah!" she yelped and clutched the dashboard in surprise but soon she whooped in delight as Smokescreen did three donuts on the road.

"Ok, that was wicked." Evelyn said. 

"I know right?" Smokescreen said. The he remembered he promised Arcee to check his comm. 'Might as well give it a quick peek.' He thought. But he nearly swerved out of control when he activated the comm as Arcee's voice blared from it. Evelyn and Smokescreen jumped at the sudden voice coming from it.

"Smokescreen! Are you there?! Answer me!" her voice said.

Evelyn yelped in surprise. "Oh hey Arcee." She greeted.

"Yo Cee." Smokescreen said. "Primus, what's got your tires in a twist?"

"Smokescreen are you there? What's your status?" Arcee asked.

"Yeah I'm here and...I'm fine. I was just about to send Eve home." Then he noticed the urgent tone in her voice. "Is something wrong?"

"What's your coordinates? How far are you from base?" Arcee asked.

Smokescreen checked his GPS. "I'm about a couple minutes away from base, why?" he asked.

"Arcee what's going on?" Evelyn asked.

"You need to return to base, now!" Arcee said.

"Why? Cons nearby?" Smokescreen asked instantly alert. The seatbelt around Evelyn tightened protectively.

"Smokescreen no, it's more than that the cons-" The hairs on Evelyn's neck stood erect, it was like being stalked by MECH all over again and she's learned to trust her instincts. Hold on......what was that beeping?

"Smokes, are you supposed to be beeping?" she asked nervously.

"No, it isn't me." Smokescreen said. Then his headlights shined ahead. Evelyn squinted and could make out a few objects laid on the ground. What were those?