CHAPTER 20: GETTING OUT OF THE FIRE, PULLING A MIKO......UNINTENTIONALLY (3)

Miko's p.o.v

Crud crud crud, dammit dammit dammit, crap crap crap, kuso kuso kuso, my mind came up with every single curse word I knew in every single language at the moment.

I could come up with a really long list but none of them would get us anywhere.

As we hid behind the boulder while a robot smack down was raging below us, I realized again that we might die.

The last time I felt like this was when Jack and I were stuck on the train carrying the DINGUS. And....all those times I 'pulled a Miko', I'd be lying if I said a small part of me wasn't scared that I might die. What's worse is that I might drag the others down with me.

"Maybe we should call the others and let them know we're here." I suggested.

"And distract them from the fight?" Raf asked.

"I think our friends down there have enough on their plate to worry about." Eve said and peeked over the rock.....only to yelp and duck back under cover as another stray shot flew 3 feet away from her head. "As do we." She added.

"Guys, think. There has to be some way for us to get back down to the tunnels." Jack said. "Maybe we can find some way to climb down."

We all looked around then my eyes fell on a beam on the ceiling. It was 4 meters away from us and about half a meter higher but there was a rock platform under it. The beam was thick and seemed sturdy....maybe.....

"Jack, where's the tunnels?" I asked.

"Over there." He said and pointed off. I looked to the tunnels, then to where the beam ended. The beam was placed diagonally downwards and ended on one of the rock walls. Underneath the end of it was a steep rock wall that was uneven but it had plenty of handhold and foot holds for support.

 Underneath the end of it was a steep rock wall that was uneven but it had plenty of handhold and foot holds for support

"If we can't take the lift, then maybe we can take the express way." I said and pointed to the beams then to the wall. "We can climb down the beam and climb down the wall then make it to the tunnels and boom! We're back in base!" I explained.

"But how are we goanna climb down that? It's too risky!" Raf said.

"I'm with Miko on this one." Eve said. Thank you, cuz.

"What?! No way, this is too risky." Jack hissed.

"You got a better idea?" Eve and I asked at the same time.

Jack looked at both of us then looked at the beam. He groaned. "You girls are goanna be the end of us." He said. I hoped that wasn't goanna be proven true.

"Then let's go!" I said and prepared to jump.

"Back up a minute, you want us to jump?!" Raf said and looked at me as though I've lost it.