CHAPTER 24: 1ST RELIC HUNT, HIDE-AND-SEEK; EVE VS KNOCKOUT, SMOKES TO THE RESCUE

"Hope you're ready for a game of hide-and-seek, fleshy." Knockout said mockingly.

'I could say the same to you.' Evelyn thought. He wanted to play cat and mouse? Fine.

She'll show him just how fast a mouse she could be.

Evelyn turned around and sprinted towards the abandoned ancient crumbling houses. 

Knockout may have been bigger than her but it also puts him at a disadvantage

With Evelyn's small size and speed, she had tons of hiding spots to choose from. Hopefully she could find a stable one to wait out in. If she were to wait inside one that's too fragile and unstable, her strategy would backfire since Knockout could just bring the building down on her and she has no doubts that he wouldn't hesitate to do so.

"Wow, you're pretty fast for a fleshy." Knockout said as he strode towards her. He was in no rush as he was confident he could catch up with her. Sure, he could've just transformed into his alt mode but.....

'Where's the fun in that?' he thought with a smirk. The least he could do after coming all this way is get some amusement.

He was surprised to find another human associated with the Autobots. He thought the only ones involved was that agent, the girl with Bulkhead and the other two boys, one older while the other was obviously younger.

Looks like another human will be added to the list.

Evelyn began to run and weave through buildings sticking to walls and narrow alleyways and always peeking out of corners ever so slightly before turning.

She kept her taser out and ready. It was already on with electricity crackling through the metallic ends.

Evelyn heard footsteps and saw Knockout was only seven feet away from her! She turned around and ducked into the nearest entrance she could find.

She mentally cursed as she realized that there was no roof! If Knockout were to look down he would see her in plain sight. Evelyn was about to exit when she heard Knockout moving closer leaving her with no choice but to press herself against the walls and pray that he doesn't look down.

 Evelyn was about to exit when she heard Knockout moving closer leaving her with no choice but to press herself against the walls and pray that he doesn't look down