CHAPTER 35: HOSTAGE VI; MEETING SCREAMER

Starscream swaggered into the med-bay as though he owned the place. Knockout groaned. He'd rather deal with the humans or even Megatron himself than have to tolerate the antics of the Decepticon seeker.

"What do you want, Starscream?" Knockout asked.

"Lord Megatron sent me to check on our prisoners and make sure the two of you don't screw up." Starscream said.

Evelyn instantly hated his voice as well.

"Rich words coming from you." Breakdown said.

"Watch your tone when talking to your superior!" Starscream snarled at him.

"Leave the lad alone." Evelyn said. Miko, Knockout and Breakdown were surprised.

'Is she....defending me?' Breakdown thought in surprise.

Even Evelyn herself was surprised. "Respect is earned, not given Stilettos so leave Breakdown alone." She said.

"Watch your tongue human." Starscream growled at her.

"Oh, we're quivering in our boots in fear right now." Miko scoffed sarcastically.

"Do you have any idea who I am?" Starscream asked Evelyn.

Evelyn shrugged and examined her nails with an uninterested look on her face. "Don't know don't care." She said.

"I am the second-in-command of the Decepticons and next in line to lead them. The mighty Starscream!" he said dramatically.

Evelyn yawned and rolled her eyes. "Suuuuuuuure. And I'm a leprechaun that lives on a rainbow." She said sarcastically. "Mighty my arse, if that's the case then Optimus and Megatron's are gods in comparison."

Miko snickered. "Got that right. Sides' those are big words coming from a guy who couldn't beat the bots even with the Apex Armour." She jabbed.

"Why you.....I could kill you for that." Starscream said as he cocked his missiles.

"Starscream, don't!" Knockout hissed worried the seeker might go too far.

"Go ahead, do it." Evelyn said. "I dare you." She said as she spread her arms out and narrowed her eyes at him. Starscream faltered.

"Yeah, go on Screamer, finish us off." Miko said as she took up a similar stance. "Oh wait, if you do that, you lose your leverage."

"And Megatron won't be happy about it." Evelyn added. "He'll be furious and he'll have no choice but to punish the culprit. Oh the horrors and agony he'll inflict upon them." She put a hand over her chest and dramatically shook her head in mock-worry.

"Yeah...poor guy." Miko added in a mock-worry tone.

Starscream gritted his dental plates while Knockout and Breakdown observed by the sidelines, amused and watching Starscream getting verbally beaten with satisfaction.

"You're right I can't kill you." Then a sadistic evil smirk came onto his faceplate. "Doesn't mean I can't hurt you!" he said.

He moved too fast before anyone could stop him. He lunged forward and grabbed Evelyn out of the cage.

"Eve!" Miko cried.

"You asked for it!" Evelyn said before rearing her leg back and slamming it onto Starscream's optic with all her might.

Starscream howled in pain and dropped Evelyn who barely managed to twist her body and perform a safety landing in the nick of time.

Starscream covered his injured optic with a servo and glared at Evelyn hatefully with his other good optic.

"Leave her alone or you can say goodbye to both eyes!" Miko snapped as she stood beside Evelyn and got into a fighting stance.

"Enough!" Knockout said. "Leave them alone, Starscream. We are under strict orders from Lord Megatron to not harm the humans, we need them."

"And you have to obey said order. After all, Megatron is your superior." Evelyn added.

Starscream took his servo away and it was then Evelyn and Miko saw the thin trail of energon dripping down from it, his optic was now a bloodshot red compared to earlier too.

Evelyn briefly felt a tad bit guilty but only for one short tiny moment before it was overcome with grim satisfaction. She was a bit disgusted with herself for feeling like that but what could she do? She was only human.

Oh and Starscream was a real arsehole.

"Looks like he needs medical attention." Miko said to Knockout.

Knockout sighed. "Oh let's get this over with, c'mere." Knockout said and got to work on dealing with Starscream's optic.

Starscream turned around and glared at Evelyn and Miko hatefully. "This isn't over. You've made a big mistake." He snarled before walking off.

".......am I the only one who thinks that was awesome?" Breakdown asked.

"No." They all said.

"Still, you've really done it this time. As annoying as Starscream is, he's still the second-in-command." Knockout said. "You've gotten yourselves in deep scrap this time."

"If I die, at least I'll die knowing I managed to piss one con off." Evelyn said.

"Here here." Miko agreed.

When Knockout turned around however, Miko and Evelyn could've sworn they saw Breakdown mouth 'thank you' to Evelyn and Miko before leaving.