CHAPTER 13: INTO THE LOOP, PART ONE, MY FIRST ROBOT BRAWL

Evelyn's p.o.v

Ok, so here's a quick recap of all the things that's just happened in the past 24 hours. I've:

1. Found out that my cousin was actually hanging out with a group of giant robots.

2. Found said giant robots secret base.

3. Learned that my two other mates, Jack and Raf were in cahoots with whatever the he!l's going on right now.

4. Right now, I was currently running like my life depended on it, which it pretty much did, with my cousin who was like a sister to me aka Miko with a half a dozen alien robot cars on my tail.

So yeah, I'd say it was just another Blue Monday but screw that! Normal's pretty much gotten thrown out the window, run over by a monster truck and thrown into a volcano at this point!

I don't know how long we've been running but my legs were already starting to get sore. I haven't had time to fully recover from the stunt I pulled this morning and I could tell Miko and I couldn't keep running. I didn't have to be a math genius to know there was no way we were going to outrun those cars, they'll catch up to us before we run out of energy.

"Got any ideas?!" I asked Miko.

"Don't worry, I've called for backup!" Miko said.

Ok, so good news is Miko called backup. Bad news is that:

1. We don't know when that backup will arrive.

2. We don't know if we'll still be alive by the time it does.

3. Those vehicles were gaining on us, fast!

"We should've taken Bolt!" I said.

"Bolt?!" Miko asked. 

"My bike." I explained. "Yes, I named it so sue me!"

"I've got an idea! This way!" Miko said. She was still grabbing my wrist so she pulled me and we began running straight into the cars that were chasing us! I was about to ask Miko if she's really lost it but then I notice the cars slow down as we got nearer. I looked at Miko and then the plan clicked.

Just as the cars hit the brakes, we ran in between the gaps back towards the warehouse. "Miko, you're a bonafide genius!" I said.

"I know right?" Miko shouted back.

Sadly, our small victory got crushed as we heard the tires screeching after us again.

I looked ahead and saw the warehouse looming in the distance. "In there, quick!" I said.

Miko and I ran into the warehouse. We turned around and slammed the doors shut. I noticed a shelf beside the door and slammed my side into it.

"Help me get this down! We can barricade the door!" I said. Miko ran over and slammed into the shelf with all her might. Our combined efforts were enough to force it down and in front of the door. We began to barricade it with various things we could find. Have it be a rotten old cabinet or a chair with missing legs, heck, we even used tires!

"That won't hold long." I panted as I regained my breath. Then I heard a bam and the door bent as though it were made of plaster.

"That won't hold at all!" Miko said. There was another slam and this time, the barricade flew away and scattered all over the place. Miko and I looked around frantically for a way out.