Chapter 48: Father

I'm floating.

It feels like swimming.

The air is clear and my body feels so light, does Coda feel the same way when he flies in the clouds?

"....D...."

Huh?

Who's that?

"D...em." Says the voice again.

"I'm coming, A###s!" Another voice.

Mama!

It's mama. She's running towards me. Her arms are outstretched, I missed her so much! She looks so different. Her hair is pure white, without the pretty blue that dyes the tips. It looks like she wearing a bunny, with long bunny ears that trail down her back but bounce in time with the hood that cloaks her face.

"Deam." The first voice says again. It's a man. A familiar sounding man. "Come here."

Mama! I try to shout, but my words fall flat as I reach mama with both arms. My eyes flutter close, expecting to be met with the warmth of my mama, but there is only cold. I'm not holding anyone.

I look behind me to see mama in the arms of a man. The man the voice was coming from.

Mama? Who's—

"How was patrol?"

"Absolutely-fucking-boring—

Mama doesn't allow me to swear. But she's—

"—I can't believe you put me on duty with some Nox low life instead of Ran. Or the twins. Or Spades. Or-" 

"You know why I can't put you on patrol with the men anymore." The man shakes his head. "It's not safe to put you with them while their being hunted by the capital."

I can't see the man's face.

It's... blurry. All I see is his body, and the way he holds mama. Like a-

"I know the real reason you ain't putting me on patrol with them." Mama smirks. At least that hasn't changed. "You're jealous I spend more time with the guys then I do with you."

There's visible irritation on the man's face.

"You are plenty aware of the reasoning behind my actions. Besides—" The man grabs mama and pulls her closer. "—why spend all day with you when I can have you for the whole night."

"H-hey, watch the hands, A###s."

A... A?

Is this...?

Mama leans further into the man, pressing her face against his. When they part, I can only barely make out his face. There's nothing distinguishable about him at all, except a pair of glowing, emerald eyes that shine an undertone of neon purple.

Father.

This man's my father.

"A###s, I love..."

***

I look at myself in the mirror for the longest time. My hair's a mess, I have dirt smudged all across my face and big circles paint my under eyes.

Pretty much normal.

But a big frown tugs at my lips.

The dream I had while sleeping in the comfy and plush bed the blonde woman offered me rattled my me. I woke up scratching at the sheet, the frustration of not being able to find out who was holding my mama building up till I fell off the bed.

A creak at the door jumps me into action, rolling off the bed and in the defensive stance Balty had taught me as soon as I could walk.

"Woah, calm down there, little one."

It's the blonde woman. I relax.

She smiles at this. "I've brought you change of clothes. Made them myself."

I take the fabric in my hands. I grimace.

"You don't like pink?"

I shake my head.

"I could sort've tell, but the big boss wouldn't allow me anything else." She giggles, although a bit sadly. "My name's Angelique. What's yours?"

I pause. "Clover."

"Clover? How funny. We have someone who works here called Spades."

I shoot up, both arms flailing as the blonde woman looks at me with surprise.

"Uncle Shovel!"

"Do you know him?"

I nod my head furiously. "Take me to him! Take!!"

"Okay okay!"

I jump onto my feet, dragging the blonde woman out the door.

Uncle Shovel knows mama.

He can take me home.

I just have to tell him where mama is.

~~~~

Sorry for the short update!
As promised, I wanted to get something out to everyone ASAP!
OH BOY NEXT CHAPTER HE COMIN