Party, Party Special!: Christmas AU

A universe where Deam had never left the Nox Mafia, and it's Christmas time in Stellarum.

***

"Oi, four eyes."

"Deam? I'm busy."

When I call the four eyes' name, he looks at me with an expression of boredom. Stacking one book on top of the other, our eye contact is short lived to only a glance.

"I need some help." I request, only to be shunned once again by the long haired man.

"For the last time," He groans, spinning on his heel to retrieve what looks like a map. "I'm not helping you decimate a primary school."

"No! Not that. Well not yet." Chuckling, I pluck the map from his hands with ease, dodging his outstretched hand when he tries to retrieve it. Launching upwards to the seventh shelf, I hang off the top of the book case with a playful demeanour. "It's almost Christmas, and I dunno' what to get the boss."

"Your the last person I thought would be interested in such a frivolous holiday." He straightens his glasses, attempting to hide curiosity. "Why ask me? Better off asking Ran or Spades."

"Cuz' you and the boss man are BFF's." I say it like it's obvious. "You must know something he likes."

Kei pauses for a moment, and I let my guard down for a split second thinking I'll gain an answer. A shrill of excitement mixed with fright strikes through me as Kei quickly snatches the map from my hands. Turning in a huff, he sets the map down on a table behind him, unravelling the gold chain that binds it together.

I wail annoyingly like a chastised child, the bookcase wobbling as I swing around in childish resentment.

"If you really want to give him a good Christmas present, go out and do some work for once."

"That's so lame." I groan again, bending backwards to look into his disgruntled face. Hooking my foot underneath a shelf, I stretch out and close the space between us. "C'mon Kei, cough up. What does the boss like?"

Relenting, four eyes looks as if he's actually giving thought to it. After a lengthy amount of minutes, he finally comes up with an answer.

"I don't know."

"You don't know? What kinda shitty friend are you?!"

"I don't need this right now." Kei rolls his eyes, cutting me off from view. Returning to his work, I conclude that from his aloof attitude, he really did not need someone bothering his work.

Too bad for him.

Leaping onto his desk, I kick over a neatly stacked pile of files before flinging my self off and into the empty space of the corridor. A roar sets off behind me, followed by an array of gunshots that resonate throughout the dark hall.

Snickering to myself, I let the scream of my name reverberate through the entire facility before moving on to my next target.

***

"A Christmas present for Mr. Solani?"

"Why do you need to ask? Out of all of us you spend the most personal time with him."