Chapter 21: Meltdown

WARNING: Graphic scenes, I tried to compile them all into one paragraph so any more shyer readers can skip easily

~~~~~

"Can't we just kill them? It's not like their gonna spill anything." I sigh in frustration for the umpteenth time. We (meaning Atlas, Kei, Spades, Ran, Aiden, Kaiden and I) sit around Atlas's office around two of the badly beaten Outer Town residents Kei and I caught the other day. Both of them are tied together, covered in bruises, cuts, burns, you name it. When it comes to torture, there's no one else to call but the infamous murder twins.

"Deam, Ran cut into our playtime."

"Yeah! We didn't even finish..."

Two grumpy twins on either side of the hostages poke and prod the men with knives begrudgingly. "What are you two, her kids?! As soon as I piss you off don't go whining off to Deam." Ran spits back, circling and pacing around the room.

Kei sighs from his place beside Atlas, who is busily rummaging through files and documents. "If you keep pacing like that Ran, the twins aren't going to be the only ones pissed at you." He readily bites his nails at the sight of the constant movement.

"I can't help it, how could you let an Officer get away? An Imperial officer no less?" The bulk of a man stops pacing and sits on one of the couches lining Atlas's office. "Now they have an eye-witness description of Deam. Unlike most of us who either stay inside this hole like Boss, no offense, or Kei, or have changed our appearances from our record photos, red eyes aren't exactly the most common feature to come across in... girls." He bites his lip, still nervous with the word.

Shit, he's not wrong. Certain hair and eye colours are more common in either gender. Eye colour's on the bottom half of the colour wheel like red, purple and blue are more common in males. While eye colours on the top half of the colour wheel like green, yellow and orange are dominant in females. Tertiary colours like pinks and olive's are found in younger children, the colour stays until they reach puberty and their eye colour changes to one of the primary or secondary colours their tertiary eye colour is next to on the wheel.

Genetics am I right?

Although there are a few exceptions here and there, and yup I'm one of them. Which is a heckin' pain in the ass.

"Your just upset you won't be able to go on patrol with her anymore." Spades smirks from the chair he's sitting in in front of the hostage on the left side.

"I'm no idiot Spades, your upset too."

I sigh and slump onto the couch. At first, I was hella pissed off being trapped in the mafia against my will in the first place. Not like I didn't wanna join some day, but I wanted to do something in my life first. Now I'm trapped in this mafia as well as being trapped in the head quarters. I put my feet up and lie down on the red soft leather, slowly shutting my eyes.

When I was in Outer Town I was free. Free to fight and free to do what I wanted. Able to go places and see and explore. The baker... I wonder how he's doing? Did he re-build? Did he move his bakery some where else? His wife... I know she was pregnant too, she was pretty far along since I last saw them. When did I last see them?

I start to wonder about the people in my past, how their doing, what they might be doing now. The girls at the pleasure house, the baker and his family, the other errand girls and boys who worked at the same weapon shop I did.

The more I start to reminisce about my home, the more I come to realise how trapped I've become. I can feel the anxiety build.

I hear a cough and choke. One of the hostages had loosed the restraint on his mouth. "Assholes..." I hear a raspy voice. It's weary and tired, the twins really did give it their all. "We weren't even gunning for you. We wanted the-"