Chapter 35: Mercy

Standing in the after math of a brutal carnage, I remain as smiley as when it started when a trembling couple backs away from me slowly.

"P-Please..."

"We beg of you, we won't tell anyone if you let us go..."

The husband shields his wife, visibly shivering in fear underneath the shade of his well manicured spectacle. I tilt my head curiously, a smile creeping onto my lips.

"Okie dokie, I'll let you live." I nod toward the husband, one hand on my hip, my hand struggling to find a place on my blood saturated pantsuit. Holding my gun by the nozzle, I hold it out to the man who looks at me in a terrified confusion. "You'll have to do one thing first. Kill your wife."

The man looks at the gun, but doesn't take it.

"Did you hear me? There are plenty of women out there, what's so special about her?" I recite the same words I had to myself, regret and love filling my chest. "Go on, take it."

At my command, the husband leaves his wife's side and steps forward, taking the gun off me. He spins on his heel, facing his now mortified wife, a calm resolution on his face.

I smile.

"I'm sorry, Georgia."

"Hugh...! I've loved you for 26 years!" The woman's frantic eyes search his, a shred of hope still alive inside her.

"It's for the best, you wouldn't want me to die right?"

The man pulls the trigger and silence ensues.

"W-What an idiot." I keel over laughing, buckets of giggles and cackles escaping my chest as the man and woman stand dumbfounded, both looking at the unloaded gun. "That's unfortunate. Your love is fake, chemicals in your body reacting to fill the lonely void your primitive brains create."

Bending down to pick my hatchet off the blood covered, marble floor, I clutch the wooden handle with both arms; ready to swing.

"Not like my love for Atlas, of course. I'd give my life for him."

Raising the hatchet over my head, I give the man a warm, friendly smile, before swinging the blade into his shoulder.

"But your lives will have to do for now~"

Blood gurgles in the man's throat as he collapses onto the ground, splattering into the pool of blood already below him.

Looking up into the eyes of the woman, I step over her now dead husband, hands on my hips. Sweat runs down her forehead as she doesn't dare look away from me, as if the moment she does I'll pounce and snatch her life away.

"It's your lucky day, Madame." I bow graciously, dramatically raising one hand to gesture to the dozens of bloody bodies filling the hallway. "You get a chance to live. If you can outrun me to the top of the stairs in the ballroom, I'll let cha' go."

When she looks unbelieving, I tilt my head.

"Or would you rather just die here? I'll even give you a head start~"

Taking that as a chance from the Heavens themselves, she lifts up her skirt and runs with all her might, pushing off the bloodied fall with a massive force.

I count seven seconds, before I speed off after her, my heels cracking along the ground. As I reach the candle lit connecting hallway towards the stairwell, I see that I've nearly caught up with her.

"Run, run, run!! Run my little rabbit!" I taunt. She looks behind and pales when she sees me catching up, pushing even further to make it to the stair well.

I reach the landing a millisecond before her, but she touches the banister to the top of the stairwell first, letting out a relieved pant.

"D-Does this mean, I can go-"

I push her off the top of the stairs with massive strength, grinning all the way as she tumbles and rolls all the way to the bottom of the ballroom's grand staircase. A satisfying crack resonates throughout the room, the very sound sending a chill down my spine.

"Aw, silly little rabbit thinks I'd give her a chance."

Trotting down the stairs with a quirky jump in my step. Hand clasped around the gold railing as I move down the staircase, two pairs of eyes at the bottom of it set off a hysterical ecstasy I didn't know I had.

"Awf, you two are so cute~" I chirp, gun still in my hand. "Don't get too close to him though, Miss Angie, cuz' I'll blow your arm off."

"Deam, this isn't like you." Atlas raises his hands in defence. "You need to calm down, your sanity switch has been turned off."

"Sanity switch? Didn't know I had one." Grinning, I'm only further pleased when Atlas doesn't flinch as I wrap my arms around his chest. "And you don't want me to have one right~? You like me just like this."

"Just like what, Deam?" He questions.

A chill goes down my spine when he puts his palms on my shoulders, separating me from him. When I tilt my head in confusion, I receive a disappointed look.

"Like... Like this..." I sniff, feigning heart break. "Like your little psycho maniac that you keep by your side. Always."

"That's not what I want, Deam." He shakes his head. "Not for me, and not for you."

"B... But you won't love me any other way." I grasp his wrists, shaking his arms back and forth. "How else will you love me!? Tell me!!"

"Stop it." He commands. "Stop being so pathetic, it's not like you."

Jaw hanging open, I seperate my self from the him, taking a step back. Looking between him and Angelique, I see that's it's 2 verses 1 which are odds I do not like.

Withdrawing, I pocket my gun, staring blankly at the blonde woman who stares at me with utter fright.

"Well... then Miss Angelique." I smile. "Ready to home?"

Hesitant, she backs away, hands raised. "I... I don't feel safe."

"You're safe with me, Miss." I tilt my head. "If you don't come with me," Quick as a bolt, I stand in front of Angelique with my gun cocked at her throat. "I'll kill you, okay~"

~~~~~

Short chap because last month I had two updates, so I'll try do the same thing this month with a short then a long <___>

Makes the wait time a little less yaaa

- Silver