Chapter 6: Bang Bang

It'd been a month since I'd been into the Inner City.

I'm walking in the sewers when my cheeks suddenly flush. "We like you too much huh... Ahhh why am I still thinking about that!?!" I shake my head rapidly and walker faster towards my den. 

A fighter like me could never fall in love... Or be loved for that matter. I flop onto my raggedy couch and the springs poking up from under the fabric bring me back to reality. I sigh.

"They haven't caused any trouble, so it would be weird if I went to see them anyway..." I roll around on the couch. "Tch... this isn't like me, I gotta move on." After reconciling myself, I spring up. "I know what'll cheer me up!!" 

I pick up a bag of explosives that I keep besides my couch.

I rush out towards the old man's bakery, which by this time has been steadily rebuilt with the help of other community members of Outer Town. I stealthily sneak in.

"Yes, there's a new batch being brought out no-, you!!" I swipe a bagel from the old man's tray. "Later old man! See you for dinner, hahaha!!" 

I laugh, hopping over the display tables knocking over numbers of cream puffs and cakes on my way out of the store. 

"Get back here you-!" 

"Darling, stop that." The bakers wife stops him as he comes to grab me. "She hasn't been herself ever since... she was angry for us and went into the city for that, just be happy she's back to her scandalous old self again." 

She chuckles cheerfully as she watches me stuff scones into my mouth one my one.

"Fanks mishh.." I thank her, mouth full. I gulp it all down as the other customers watch in abstract horror. I rush out of the store, all pumped and full of energy.

"Tch... She's annoying, but a good kid." The baker and his wife shut the store door.

I run excitedly to the main gate. Guards line the gate, regarding Outer town as filth under their feet. 

"Disgusting pricks..." I smirk, throwing a stuffed animal at on of the guards. "What's this?!" 

The guards look at it in suspicion.

"What's stuck up, confused, and blown to pieces!?!" I yell at them from afar. When they look at me, it's too late. 

"You!" I press a button that's attached to my belt, and the guards standing there go up in flames. 

"Ahhh!" I slouch on the floor, soaking up the sun. "I feel sooooo much better! Ahahaha!" 

I laugh hysterically towards the sky, completely unaware of the presence behind me.

"Don't you know what you've done!?" 

I whip around, gun ready, just to see a small boy in tears, snot dribbling from his nose. His clothes were tattered and he has no shoes, yet his ethereal white hair looks like its been pampered elegantly and his eyes a striking gold. His arms are covered in distinct white bandages. Is he from Outer Town...? I've never seen him around, maybe he's a sewer kid. But with that hair...? Maybe he's one of those kids, the one's who are... used... by the higher ranks.

"Yo, kid, I-" 

"You killed them!! Your a murderer!"

It's not like its the first time I've realised it... but being subjected by this little kid is kinda making me feel like shit. 

"Yeah kid, I know." 

"If you know, then why do you keep doing it!? Don't you realise your making people sad!?" He sobs and shouts between sniffles.

"Look kid, I'm assuming your from Outer Town, you should know that no body here chose to live like they are living now. When people say 'you could've tried harder, or, 'studied' harder', where could we study? Because of this," I point at my rank tattoo. "We are all labelled. Everything we are depends on one insignificant number. What else can I do, I have been labelled and will play my part. So yeah, kid, I'm a murderer. But,"

I rip off the bandage on his right arm. 

"So are you." 

I look at his number. 9,100,584,329.

I fold my arms and tap my foot. 

"Now what's a rank like you doing out here?" As I blink I notice the little boy's form change.

"Looking for little troublemakers like you miss." My eyes widen.

A tall man with the same features as the little boy before stands before me.

With a Nox mafia symbol proudly tattooed on his exposed chest.