Chapter 16: Your Song, I Want To Hear It

I'm humming to myself as I write a numbers onto a note pad I'm carrying already. The ink on the white paper appear like blood on a clean floor. I ignore it and start searching for another number within the pile, humming louder as I loose myself in the tune.

"Could you knock it off? I'm trying to work hard, unlike a certain bunny hooded dog I know." Mr Rapey (Kei) hisses at me from his dark oak desk, clicking his tongue. I glare at him from where I'm working in Kei's office. His place was everything I thought it'd be. Red, black and navy. Not an inch of colour in sight excluding the golden silk pillows that cushion the fluffy chairs. Looks like someone took a lesson in Atlas's Furnishing Class.

"Your working hard? Lemme see you catalogue dozens and dozens of dead bodies a day. Do you guys just go into a shopping mall and let your guns do the shopping?" I motion to the pile of high ranked bodies, ranging from 9000's to 90000000's, mimicking a machine gun like a child.

Kei raises his eyebrow at me. "Listing down a bunch of numbers isn't that hard, elementary school students could do it." He rolls is eyes.

I feel my chest pang as I return my state of mind to cataloguing the bodies and their ranks. "I didn't go to elementary school." My fingers tremor as I start writing the numbers down again. The one thing I wanted more than the blood of snobby high ranks on my hands, an education. It's hard to calculate how much money you can steal if you can't even complete 2 times 4. What is 2 times 4...? I start counting on my fingers, murmuring to myself when I feel a heavy gaze on me.

"Eight."

"Huh?"

Kei shakes his head at me. "Two times four is eight, you idiotic woman."

I feel the heat rise to my face. "I-I knew that!!" I hear him grumble and I whip my head around, embarrassed. I can't believe I just let the second smartest member of Nox know that I can't even calculate simple division and multiplication questions. As I write down more numbers onto the note pad, I continue humming. I hear a thump on the desk just as I start the tune again.

"If your going to sing that infernal song hour by hour, you could at least tell me where its from." He sneers and I stick my tongue out.

"You wouldn't know it."

"Try me."

"Hmmm, how about no?" I mentally flip him off as I face my back to him. "H-Hey!!" I feel two strong arms encircle my body, gripping me tight.

"I don't like it when people keep things from me."

I turn around and glare into his eyes, a hidden grin under my scared persona. "What, all insecure now are we, daddy's boy?" I refer to Atlas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PARTIALLY MILD DIRTY STUFF HERE SKIP IF YOU DON'T WANNA READ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel the material of his silk pants split the gap between my thighs as he spreads them apart. "Is it just me," He whispers into my ear. "Or is it that every time you go to piss me off, we land in  this situation."

"Let me go, you fucking rapist." If I kicked him in the nuts again, how much would I get out of fighting a rank like him... Either way. When I twist my leg around his body and start to feel the wind rushing past my ankle to kick, he grabs it with his right arm and I can feel the pressure of his thin fingers around my skin. I gasp in surprise when I feel something wet travel up the crook of my neck.

"Mmph... But you taste so good..." I can feel even more pressure at my neck and loud sucking sounds. I flush in embarrassment when the sounds resonate through out the room. The pressure lets go in a loud 'pop', and I struggle to bend my neck far enough to see what he's done.

"Y... What did you do!?" I struggle even further but he easily subdues me, pushing me against one of the pillars that line the carpet towards his desk. I tremble as I'm forced against he cold marble, biting my lip as he rubs the spot between my thighs again with his leg.

"You can't appreciate what I did to you before," I feel his cold lips against the spot he was sucking earlier. He plants a kiss in the same spot and I feel I small twitch of pain. "But you'll defientely appreciate what I'm going to do now..."

"Why you...!" I spit at him, clawing at his palms. Just as I'm about to prepare for another kick, Kei's door creaks open. Each click of the hinge sending chills down my spine. But not for long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

END'S HERE!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yo Kei, I'm here for today's Body Catalogue..." I stare thankfully into the eyes of Spades, who's sweaty and doused in blood. As soon as his eyes scope the scene, his eyes widen. "I didn't know you guys were..." He drags off his sentence.

"Spades!! Some help you moron!?" I shout sarcastically and he finally gets the picture, lunging for me. Luckily, Kei decides to let me go and I crash into Spades's arms shakily.

"You can have her, I'm going to meet up with Atlas soon. I need to get ready." I glare as he straightens his waist coat, not even looking at me as we walks past us. "Till next time, Dog." Kei doesn't look back as he closes the entrance door behind him. As the soon as the door clinks closed, I fall onto the ground, Spades catching me before I crash onto the navy carpet.

"What'd he do?" Surprisingly, Spades holds me in his arms calmly, close enough that I can hear his heartbeat. "I haven't ever seen you shaken up like this. Not in a gun fight, not even when the leader of the most dangerous Mafia in Inner City threatens to slit your throat."

"I..." I swallow, holding back the water I could feel ready to spill if I lost my grip for even a second. "The blood... on these hands." I clench my fists. "Every time," I let it out a hiccup or two before continuing. "I spill someone's blood... I spill my i-innocence as well..." To my shame, I cough harshly, trying to hold in everything. "In some weird way... this," I awkwardly motion all over my body. "Is the only innocence I have left."

Spades raises his eyebrow.  "You mean your-"

"Virginity, you half wit yes." I clench my teeth. "Not every girl from Outer Town is a one dollar whore if that's what your wondering."

"T-That wasn't what I-!"

I put my head on Spades's chest. "Just shut up for a sec would'ya?" He immediately ceases talking and I press my ear against where his heart is.

The heart.

Something I strive to connect with.

Something I strive to destroy.

I shut my eyes and ignore Spades's awkward shuffling. I listen to the thump thump sound.

Its funny how if this simple rhythm stops... So does everything else.

I start to hum again. The song that helps me remember, the song that calms me down, the song that reminds me of all the blood thirst in my childhood.

"What's that song...? I haven't heard it before." In the time that I was thinking, I notice that Spades had started stroking my white hair, combing his slender fingers through the locks. Making me feel... Safe.

I sniff. Somehow being like this with someone, in their arms, made all of the water is my eyes go away. "Perhaps one day." I separate from Spades. "I'll sing you my song." He smiles down at me tenderly, a rare side of Spades to see, aside from his blood frenzied self. I grin back like usual, and he bends down towards me. My head goes fuzzy when I feel something soft on my forehead, the caring feeling foreign to me. Spades kisses me on the forehead, and unlike when I'm with Kei, I'm not disgusted at all by the gesture.

"I'd love to hear your song, Deam."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Decided I wanted a lil' more character building on Spades before we get to Kei. Is it hard to choose best boy just yet~?