Chapter 30: Deam in Wonderland

Author's Note: BEFORE I GET A MILLION MESSAGES YES THIS IS RELEVANT TO THE PLOT
why would you wanna skip the Atlas x Deam action ;^>>

~~~

***

In order to take a step forward, sometimes you need to take a step back...

Author's POV (First person)

***

Falling, falling...

Down down down she went.

Our Deam falls into a wonder of a place.

Into a Wonderland.

Our Dia falls...

Our Deam...

Dia...

1010...

?

***

"Oof!!" Deam exclaimed, her petticoat expanded into a puffy, white cloud as the bottom of her black heel made contact with the earth. Her veneer blue skirt gently floated back to its original positioning on top of the petticoat, her cream apron returning also. "Where am I...?"

Looking around, Deam cautiously pushed through the dense, pastel coloured brush to reveal a beautiful opening filled with an array of scented peonies. The scene took her breath away, but her attention was quickly deterred to a tall mushroom in the centre of the field. Making her way towards it, she jumps back as two legs unfurl over the edge of the red-white spotted mushroom cap.

"And who might you be?" With a shrug of his cigarette and the sliding of his gun, Deam became more weary with each passing second.

"I'm Deam."

"Are you?"

The pale skinned girl's brows furrowed. "Yes, I am."

"You don't seem to be."

"And who are you to judge who I am?" She exclaimed, heel stomping against the ground.

"An outsider looking in." He puffs again. "My name is North."

"N... Nice to meet you."

"Is it?"

"Stop asking all these condescending questions!!" The girl stomps again, fists clenched and teeth gritted. "Where am I?! I want to go home!"

"You don't even know where home is, girl." The caterpillar grinned. "You don't even know who you are."

"Of course I know who I am." She stated again. "I'm-"

"Deam, Dia, Danielle, Darcey..." He muttered. "All the same girl, but a girl that's not the same."

"Alright, I've had enough of this cryptic bullshit."

Storming back through the brush, Deam skilfully manoeuvred through the thicket in graceful steps, keeping her white gloved hands above her head to avoid scratches.

Not long after, she arrived at a large oak tree. Panting, Deam crouched next to the bark, catching her breath to continue forward. A sly voice cut her out of her recovery.