Chapter 27: Departure

"Karin!"

Practically screeching, I tear into her room like a banshee from hell. Looking into the eyes of a half dressed, half groggy female I rush to her in a flurry of anxiety and anger.

"What!? The party's only been over for 20 minutes and you still had to make a scene-?"

"You have to get me out of here, now. As in right now, as in right now right now-"

"My word! Lady Dia, you may be an upstanding woman of the household, but this is outrageous!" The Minister of Imperial Affairs's mother leaps up from her seat in the corner of the room and marches over to me, ready to rip into my very soul. "Creating such a ruckus indoors is-"

"Shut the fuck up and sit your petty, crippled petticoat covered ass back onto that too damn expensive to be furniture lounge chair, you god damn harpy!!" I scream at her double as loud, already over the edge.

She won't have a choice.

The words resonated in my head, banging against the walls of my skull.

"How dare-"

"Look lady." Even though far taller than the small, elderly woman, she still sneered with me with the utmost disgust. "Unless you want one of the most dangerous mafia's in the whole of this god damn hell bound fucking city to invade and exterminate every single person in this mansion, then you'll give me some money and a train ticket to the other side of the world."

She laughs. Laughs. "You think your all high and mighty because you've got a couple of man whores who want to crawl into that pretty skirt of yours." She drawls, the words almost un-befitting of the crinkly lips they came from. "Just what makes you think-"

"Excuse me." A harsh voice cuts through the growing tension. Karin, now alert and focused, stands up from the chair she was in and struts dominantly over to us. "You don't make the decisions, you cranky nun." The pink haired woman smirked. I was about to laugh, but then Karin turned to me. "But then again, neither do you."

I look away, gritting my teeth.

"I am the lady of this house now." Karin turned again to glare at the old woman. "You don't order jack shit, you especially don't order around my assistant. You're dismissed."

"You dare dismiss-"

"Did you hear anything I just fucking said?" Karin, already given up on being understanding, spits at her 'mother-in-law'. "Get the fuck out before I get someone to turn you into a bag of bones."

At that comment, the old woman quickly scurries out, still as pissed as she was when she was seated.

As soon as the door closes, I turn to face Karin, inhaling. "They found me."

"How!?"

For some reason, I still hadn't wanted to rat out the twins. "I... I don't know."

"Tch." She grimaces. "I suppose you want to leave as soon as you can, right? Disappear yet again."

At her look of disdain, I gently pat her on the shoulder. "That's no way a newly made fiancé should be looking." Her face morphs into a look of surprise as she gazes at me.

"Y..." A soft smile escapes her lips. "You've grown up, Deam."

I grin in return. "Don't rub it in."

***

Stepping onto the train, I look back past the closing doors one last time.

"Stay safe!" The pink haired woman calls out to me, a sparkling trickle running down her cheek as she looks at me.

I don't acknowledge her.

She does the same for me after the doors close, returning her attention to the Pomeranian puppy leaning out of her gold embellished hand bag.

As of now, I'm neither Deam of Nox Mafia or Lady Dia of the Court of Imperial Affairs.

I leave all that I am and look toward who I will be.

As the train and I leave the station.

Deam and Dia stay.

~~~~~

K YA'LL

High key wanted to start the next chap fresh so if you do choose to reread you'll know where to go to skip whatever parts you wanna skip or start from.

The next couple chapters will be from Atlas's point of view/s.

Oh bbbOYY it's gonna be a good time

Not

Next chapter will come tomorrow!! I didn't wanna leave you guys hanging for too long so I could prevent any confusion.