Chapter 5: Kidnapper

I walk down a scummy alleyway.

The disgusting scent of rubbish and decay fills my nose as I walk deeper into the system. "'Sup sweetheart..." I drunk falls his way to me. "Looking for some fun hereeee?" I drawls out the last word, his breath blowing onto my cheek. God, he needs some mouthwash. I push him, and he falls easily to the ground, drunk off his ass.

"If you hadn't noticed, fuckwit, I'm bus-" There's a scream in the next alley followed by a gun shot. Two voices follow the commotion.

"Are you ready, brother?"

"The night's only begun, Brother!"

I whip around. "Shit!" I run towards the next alleyway to see two men standing on top of the body of a woman wearing nothing but a shawl and her under garments.

"Hey, you scumbags!" I point out to them, grabbing my sword cautiously behind me. They turn to me, as if they expected me to come.

"Awww, look who showed up. The lost little doggy, neh brother?"

"Right brother!"

They both smile hysterically at me, and I feel a twinge of fear. Demons... Their demons... I start backing away, my feet moving on their own.

"Where do you think your going, doggy?" When I turn around on impulse, I'm kicked to the ground. Hard. My insides churn, and I cough up blood all over the cold concrete. There's another kick at my back and my jaw cracks as it make contact with the ground.

"Fuck!" Their angry, really really angry... One of the brother's shoot their guns, and I hastily run out of the way, cracking my jaw back into place. "Ouch..." I aim for one of their heads, as my sword morphs back to its gun form.

The unsuspecting twin turns around quickly. "Kaiden, look out!" As I shoot, the one I presume is Aiden calls out the name of his brother, instead of referring to him as 'brother' like they usually do for each other. Mid-shot, I realise something. I shut my eyes.

That's what their afraid of losing...

One of my bullets graze Kaiden's cheek, and he flinches.

Each other...

"Scatter!" They separated and run down separate alleys.

"Tch!" I stand still for a moment, before chasing after the twin I wounded, Kaiden. "Come back here you asshole! I'll kill you!" I pass through an undercover, making it hard to see, before emerging out the other end to find the twin pointing his gun right at me.

"Oops, now you'll die for grazing my face..." He smirks. Hey, what...?

"Technically, I don't have to die because I didn't graze your face. I grazed your brother's dimwit." He looks at me in shock.

"Huh?"

"Your Aiden, not Kaiden."

"Huh!?"

"Are you actually mentally challenged!?!"

"No, I mean-!" He falters a bit. "How did you tell us apart?"

"What are you talking about?!" I roll my eyes. "You don't even look the same, and you smirk differently too! Your smirk is to the left, and Kaiden's is to the right. Are you playing me for a fool?" I complain as he stares at me.

I hear someone land behind me. It's the actual Kaiden.

"Shit..." They cornered me while I was rambling. I hear the tower clock ring the 2 'o' clock bell.

"Oh my, well look at the time brother. We better get back before Atlas scolds us."

"Yes brother." They withdraw, casually walking away from me.

"Hey! How dare you walk away from me! Get back and fight me!!"

In the blink of an eye, they appear at my side, one on the left and right.

"But we don't want to fight you," "We like you too much."

They both plant a kiss on my cheek before disappearing into the darkness, bins and shelves toppling over as they go.

I slap my cheeks. "W-what..."