Chapter 26: Dance With Me

~~~~
WOWOW TWO DAYS IN A ROW (making up for missing the month deadline ✨)
ALSO WHILE IM AT IT I'LL CLEAR SOME THINGS UP!
Last chapter there was a 2 year time skip✨ Deam has matured and is hiding from the Imperial Court under the alias of 'Dia', who works for Karin as a concubine's assistant.
She left Nox mafia because of her fear of being caught and gang raped due to the arrival of an Imperial Officer in Atlas's inner circle.
As we all know, Deam is protective of her innocence as a virgin for reasons that will be explained in detail later.
Everyone's ages have changed now from Chapter 25 previous to Chapter 25 Onwards.

Deam (Dia): 19 ---> 21
Atlas: 22 ---> 24
Kei: 22 ---> 24
Ran: 20 ---> 22
Spades: 21 ---> 23
Aiden & Kaiden: 18 ---> 20

Hope this makes things a bit clearer, also @ Kaiden's pissed bc his crush basically left him in an infirmary bed and never came back for 2 years rip

~~~~

Sheathing his dagger, Kaiden puts his hands on his hips expectantly. In a huff, I outstretch my hand.

"I didn't teach you to have no manners."

When he doesn't take my hand, I grimace and hobble upwards, bracing my self on the table.

"You boys should leave this estate now. The guards'll be here any second."

"What? You not going to have a party with us?" A voice utters from behind me and I jump, causing pain to radiate through my stomach. An arm wraps around my shoulders, clutching me against a broad chest. "What's with the P.A. get up?"

"I am a personal assistant, you moron."

"Woooow. So professional, right brother?" "Right brother."

I flinch when they press into me from either side. This treatment I would've accepted years ago, but not today. "I'd appreciate if you'd seperate from me, please."

"So cold!" "You left us hanging for 2 years..."

"I'm bleeding. You'll stain your shirts."

"Their already pretty stained."

Fuck... I'm losing consciousness... Not good.

"Your really boring now, Deam..." "Yeah yeah!!"

On my last nerve, I grit my teeth and feel up my garter belt, my palm resting on my holster.

"Maybe you'd be more submissive now though." "That'd be interesting, brother-!"

Bang.

A gun goes off, the shot is followed by an immediate silence as the body of an Officer toppled to the floor, his body replicating a knocked over tower of Jenga blocks.

"If you boys would do your job," I huff, the blood loss already going to my head. "It'd really relieve me of the stress I go through."

Unable to stand anymore, I drop my gun and stumble in Kaiden's arms, who grips me tightly. My face pressed against Kaiden's broad chest, I hear Aiden whistle, impressed.

"Your still not a bad shot, considering how long you've been MIA-"

A bang outside halts the older twin mid-sentence. Footsteps start to litter the sound space, accompanied by rushed yelling and shouts.

"Shit, let's get outta here." Aiden tsks.

"Room..." Muttering, I struggle to stay conscious. "My room... through the pantry... don't leave through... the front..."