Chapter 25: Time Goes By

~~~~
EEEK IM BEHIND!! SORRY EVERYONE😭
Rough month, thank you for being patient <3
IM SORRY FOR THE ROUGH ASS FEEL TRIP IM ABOUT TO HAUL U GUYS THROUGH BUT WE MUST SOLDIER ON
~~~~

"What the fuck..." I hear Atlas mutter under his breath. As Instructor Murio topples to the ground lifeless, I'm equally as shocked. If you count shocked as being a mixed amount of confusion and utter satisfaction.

Atlas and I both look to the Imperial Officer, who's neatly folding his white gloves, stuffing them into his pocket. He reaches out to shake Atlas's metallic hand, wing... thing.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Solani." Stepping over Murio's body like he's nothing but a garbage bag, Atlas awkwardly returns the gesture. "Well your certainly... impressive."

"For fucks sake." I cut in rudely, clutching Kaiden to my chest tightly. "Cut the job interview act you sick bastard! You just-!"

"Wow, you really are fast, hitting the nail on the head like that." He winks at me before returning his dandy attention to Atlas.

This guy is a headache that's for sure, but I'm sure I'm going to have migraine problems after what he says next.

"I'd like to be initiated into Nox Mafia."

***

"Um, can I just say, I fucking reject!?" Ran yells loudly, his voice resonating through Atlas's office.

I fold my legs on the bean bag, because for once, the twins aren't wrapped around my body, you'd find Aiden right up at Atlas's desk and Kaiden in a critical condition in the infirmary."

"We can't trust him boss!! He's an Imperial Officer...!" Aiden grits his teeth, knuckles white, the almost loss of his brother hitting his senses hard.

Sighing, I tilt my head backwards, but keep my eyes on the snake like figure that stands next to Atlas with a smirk on his face.

That smirk makes me just wanna cut his face up...

"I assure you I'm not here to spy. If I was, do you think Mr. Solani would bring me here?" The Officer tilts his head upwards and grins. "Or does that just represent how much faith you lack in your own Boss?"

The room goes quiet, cold. The boys are stagnant in their movements, either too shocked or angry to move.

"Alright, smart ass. That's enough." Standing up while pushing up from my left leg, avoiding putting pressure on my right, I straighten my back confidently albeit a bit wonky. "Your just looking for a fight, your no better than the extermination group or any other lowlife Imperial Officer."

"Isn't your pal over there an Imperial Officer, too?"

"He isn't an Imperial Officer," As Spades's head lowers, I project voice. "He's a Nox."

"Enough." Atlas slams his palms against the desk, causing all of us to jump. "Your all acting like children."

"You'd know what that's like." Gritting my teeth, I bring myself to face Atlas. "What kind of grown man lets a servant of the man who just shot his friend half to death into his own home!? Our home?! Your risking the lives of everybody here."

Looking as if he's taking it into consideration, I'm taken by surprise when Kei is at my throat, teeth bared and pocket knife unsheathed. Keeping my balance, I tumble, trying to keep pressure off my right leg. Unable to keep upright, I grab onto collar of Kei's waist coat for support. I can basically feel Atlas squinting hatefully at me. Reluctantly letting go, I step back and put pressure on my right leg, pain shooting up my ankle which travels like lightning up my calf.