Chapter 22 *Part 2: Part 1*

***

My feet were bare as they ran, and it seemed as if the ground absorbed my feet every time I stepped and it frustrated me to no end. My breaths were too elaborated, and I was panting as if my life depended on it. My legs were aching too much, it seemed as if I hadn't rested in several days.

The trees were more difficult to focus on as I tried to run faster. I didn't even know what I was running away from, and I didn't want to turn around, because as I tried to recall some of my memories, pounding temples regarded me.

A vicious growl was heard at the distance, its harsh sound sending a shiver through my spine. I couldn't find from where direction the growl came from, so I didn't stop running to change directions.

My eyes were blurry, and I couldn't see anything, no matter how hard I tried to focus on what was ahead of me. I squinted them, hoping to get a better result, but it didn't work. I tried to hear my surroundings for any threat, but all I could hear were my loud footsteps as I ran. My lungs expanded with every breath I took, but it seemed it wasn't enough for them as they demanded more oxygen.

My pace was slowing down, and no matter how hard I tried to keep running, I just couldn't. I stood for only a few seconds, trying so hard to return the oxygen to my lungs, before the growl echoed through the forest again. My eyes looked up, just in the time to see a huge wolf emerge from the bushes. His head was held high, making his tall frame intimidating. His midnight fur was beautiful though, and his green eyes made something inside of me stir.

I took a step closer to him, unconsciously calling out to him, but he didn't seem to notice as he looked through me. It was when he let out a loud howl, that I noticed the hundreds of wolves beside and behind him. And fear ran through my veins.

A ball of fire was thrown from behind me, centimeters away from my ear. The whimper of the victim was heard through the forest, and the wolf in front of me growled so viciously, that my knees almost gave up on me.

I turned around, and I gaped at the sight. The man in front of me was gorgeous; his tall frame towered over everyone, and his deep blue eyes made the stir inside of me more prominent, but just like the ones of the wolf, they looked through me. And then I realized that there was also a lot of people beside and behind him.

"That was low, even for you"

My head turned so fast, that even my neck protested a little, but I didn't care as a soft gasp escaped my mouth. The man that spoke was beautiful; he was as tall as the man behind me, his tan was perfect, his toned chest was mouthwatering, and his green eyes were gorgeous.

"But we didn't come here to talk did we?" The man behind me spoke, and his voice sent a shiver through my bones.

"No, we came here to fight didn't we, Lucifer?"

Shock ran through my bones, and I could only stumble back from the blue eyed demon as he greeted me with a loud and harsh laugh.

"You are right" And his eyes turned completely black, and bright fire captured his body, dancing with a deadly harmony.

I turned to the man with green eyes when I heard his thunderous growl, and my eyes widened in fascination as his body transformed to the green eyed wolf. But my fascination vanished when the wolves and the demons began attacking themselves, the wolves letting out their true animal, and the demons letting out their inner killer.

And as my eyes watched how everyone attacked each other, the feeling of protecting every single one of them from harm came crashing into me. My heart ached when a wolf fell to the floor, his bloody body covered with fire; like a blanket. Then I watched how the canines of another wolf bit down into the flesh of a demon, and how blood came out; just like a waterfall. And then I watched how a wolf howled and ran to the side of what appeared to be a female, protecting her from the black magic of a demon, and I kept watching how the demon choked him to death with his power, and I watched how the female howled to the air and the sky. And it made my heart ache, it made my bones shake; it made me weak, because the feeling of possessiveness came, just like the storm after the calm.