Chapter 14

Lucifer managed to look beautiful even when the rays of sun hit his face without mercy . He was asleep, and I didn't know if he actually wanted to or if he was just faking it, but I was enjoying it because I was able to really look at him. I observed his features all night and looked at him when the sun started to rise, he was completely gorgeous, and I knew that if his eyes were open and watching me, I would never be able to look away, because they are too beautiful to even think of looking away.

His eyes entice you; they allure you and promise you deep things with just a simple glance. It feels like he can see right through your soul when his eyes land on you, you feel special because he looked your way.

Geez, I sound like a teenager. My mind and my heart should stop being connected.

After what felt like hours, I finally turned my head around and stopped looking at him. I wiggled out of his grip without waking him up and looked around. It was early, really early. The rays of the sun had little mercy but it was still a wonderful place. I stood up and walked towards the end of the branch; I jumped and landed on the forest ground. Lucifer stirred but didn't wake up.

I turned around and began walking, my bare feet dug into the forest ground as I did so. I looked around, searching for some type of movement, but found none.

What if the letter was sent too long ago? What if they moved to another neutral territory? What if there is no one left anymore?

Questions ran through my head but only one caught my attention, enough attention to make me drop to my knees and let out a strangled sob. What if there is really no one left? What if I am the only feline left? They were around a thousand, we were around a thousand but, what if the numbers reduced and I am the only one left?

No, that is impossible. They are not dead, harmed or anything of that matter. They are safe here; no one knows about this neutral territory. Besides, they would know how to hide; they wouldn't be fooled around by the other races, they are smart. They are my race.

With a new force, I got up from the ground and began walking back to Lucifer. He was in the same position I left him. I grabbed a rock from the ground and threw it at him, hitting him on the forehead. He jolted awake and fell from the tree because of it, landing on his face. I laughed until tears fell from my eyes, the purpose as to why I threw the rock at him going out of the window. He was already in front of me when I stopped laughing, glaring with a hint of black in his eyes.

"Done laughing at me?" He spoke, his voice was a little hoarse and deeper than his usual. Agniem was on the surface.

"Done making out with the ground?" I mocked. He glared more, but then, he broke into a full grin. I watched curiously as he walked towards me, more black lingering on his eyes. He smirked at me once he reached me and took another step closer to me, another step and we would be skin to skin, but I refused to back down.

"I don't like you using your sense of humor on me, Agrona" Agniem scolded softly. "But, I did find it amusing. That's why you will not get punishment, love" He looked me straight in the eye as he spoke but my jaw hit the ground as his words left his mouth.

"Punishment?" He smirked as he nodded.

"I am a King, Agrona. I have punishments for every type of offense, and let me say that yours was truly offensive" He shook his head. I widened my eyes slightly, but an idea crossed my mind. I took a step closer to him, skin to skin, and his eyes snapped to mine. I traced my hands through his covered chest, his biceps and placed them on his neck, making him shiver. I got on my tip toes, purposely rubbing myself against him, and leaned in to his ear.

"You can punish me all you want, it was worth it" I unwrapped my arms from his neck and gave three steps back, just in case. His left eye was a deep black, while his right eye was a deep lustful blue. He groaned as he looked at me, and only now did I manage to notice the bulge on his pants. I raised my eyes to his and winked at him once we met eyes.