Chapter 21

I stood in a tree branch, crunching slightly to get a better look at Clayton as he spoke. It has been a day since the talk with Lucifer. My race has warmed more towards me and has been friendlier, though they have asked questions to Clayton as to who I am, what I am, and why I haven't told anyone my name. He would tell them the time would come, the time where they all would know who I am and what I am.

Clayton, my five boys and my little Kane stood in a platform made of wood. Clayton had requested everyone to come to the training fields by two o'clock. It was only one forty, but there was only a few people missing. You could tell they were anxious as to why they were requested.

Minutes passed by as we all stood waiting for the time to come, for the clock to mark the time. The missing people filled the training fields in less than a minute and they all looked at Clayton and my boys with worried eyes. My beasts whined at that, they didn’t stand the thought of our race being worried about something they should not.

“As you all know” Clayton began once the last group of people came to the fields. “There is a war between the supernatural races and the demons and angels” Some people nodded, others stayed silent, and most narrowed their eyes in suspicion.

“Before you ask…” He said as a young cougar raised his hand. “We are not taking anyone’s side, we will not cooperate in this war unless we need to” Some nodded in approval, which made my lip twitch.

“The reason you were all requested here…” Ichirou cut off as some other hands began to rise, but they all scrambled down once he spoke. “Is not because of the war, we are not cooperating unless we seriously need to, like Clayton already said” He spoke in a tone that meant business, which made my beasts to growl in approval of our little boy.

“Exactly, but before we tell you the real reason as to why you were requested, we need you to remember something” Shirou said.

“You all know we have a visitor, a very special one. She has no scent, no name and no age to you, but you do know her. You all know her like the back of your hands, because for all this time she has been spending time with us and taking care of us in a way” Jirou said, making some frown in confusion and some frown in frustration and impatience. I almost laughed; my race was very much like me.

“To make it short…” Saburou said, the third and most impatient son, as he slightly narrowed his eyes towards their brothers. I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing; he has the same patience as me.

“The letters we sent the council have already been read” He said with a nod.

“We finally have our Alpha” Clayton finished, and that was my cue to make myself seen.

I stood up and jumped from the branch just as my race began to look around, and shifted into my black lion form, landing on the ground with a ‘thud’. All eyes were on me as I walked towards the platform. My beasts purred in delight of finally taking our true position. My paws hit the ground with a loud thud; I had no intention of being quiet now, not when I was taking my position as the true Alpha of my race.

I met many eyes, all of them having the same emotions; happiness and disbelief. I met Clayton’s eyes as I climbed the last steps of the little stair. Then, I walked to the center of the platform, held my head high and my paws firm on the floor, showing no hesitation, and roared. I allowed my beasts to have the first roar towards our race, they roared like there was no tomorrow but calmed down after a while.

I shifted again, the black dress I wore moving slightly with the breeze. Shocked eyes observed me as I stood proudly and released my scent. Some inhaled my scent, some looked at me with shocked faces, some gave me wide grins and some allowed tears to fall from their eyes. I smiled softly, observing my people, my eyes connecting with theirs.