Chapter 4

I opened the door as silently as I could and sneaked in. I hid in the shadows and looked around. I was in a huge meeting room; full of different races of the supernatural world, the only scent I didn't find was of the angels and the demons. And believe me when I say that I was surprised, they were the most persistent with me.

The room was slightly illuminated giving it a professional vibe and there was a freaking huge table in the middle; and everyone was sitting in one of those leather chairs. There were two people fighting; a werewolf and a vampire were yelling at each other. I never understood their problem, they could be allies but instead they chose to be enemies. It just doesn't make sense.

I got bored after a while and sighed. I had to do something. I opened my mouth and just as I was going to yell at them, someone coming cut me off. The doors opened and more people walked in; Alphas, Coven leaders and some of the council members. I snarled and hid a little more in the shadows.

"Quiet! I can hear all of you from outside this room and it is soundproof!" One of the council members yelled. Everyone silenced and looked at them. They all took seats and the quietness continued. I began to count, there were forty nine people here; fifty if you counted me.

"We shouldn't have come all the way down here, the hybrid isn't coming" A blonde vampire bitch said. I snarled quietly and allowed the scene in front of me to develop. I will come out of the shadows when the time is right.

"How will it find the building, anyways? The hybrid does not have any type of Pride or friends for the matter" She continued.

"The hybrid said that he or she would find us and that it would come in a week, we couldn't say no. It's the opportunity our ancestors have been waiting for, the opportunity we have been waiting for" One red haired guy from the council said.

"How old is the hybrid anyways?" That's my cue.

"Two hundred and three years old" Forty nine heads snapped in my direction as I stepped out of the shadows; their eyes narrowed.

"Who are you?" One of the Alphas roared. My body tensed, never talk to me like that; I looked at him. His brown hair was combed back and his brown eyes narrowed in suspicion.

I grabbed my sunglasses, removed them and looked at him in the eye. He released all of his power and smirked. The others looked intently at the confrontation and I snarled. I released my scent and my power and all of their eyes widened as they gasped.

"I am the hybrid" He sat down in his seat and looked at me wide eyed; we met eyes but he avoided eye contact after that.

"How long have you been here?" Council man said. I looked back at the werewolf and the vampire.

"Since this sucker and that mutt began to fight" The mutt growled and the vampire hissed. I growled deeper and they cowered back. I looked back at the red hair boy aka council man.

"You should be more careful; sneaking in was too easy" I shrugged and slowly walked to the leather chair at the head of the table; their eyes following me as I did.

"You've been hiding in the shadows that long?" A wind spirit gasped.

"Like I said; you should be more careful" I reached the leather chair and sat down; it was the biggest of them and there was only another chair, which means that there is someone who is missing. He or she is late.

"How did you find this building?" A shape shifter girl asked.

"Instinct and..." I trailed off; they looked at me expectantly. "I tracked the scent of the two beginners I sent a week ago" They gasped and looked at me wide eyed; again.