Chapter 15

Author's note*-*

Please forgive me for the wait, I have been extremely busy and without time. It sucks 'cause I didn't have any spare time to write and believe me that my fingers were craving to be on this keyboard.

Anyways, here's chapter fifteen:D ENJOY!

------------------------------

Paws hit the ground at the distance, growls echoed through the forest and the rays of the sun illuminated the group of ten felines that were running towards our direction. Pride filled my heart as I saw how organized they ran, how they aligned. My heart fluttered as I saw the races they were, two cheetahs, three lions, one snow leopard, two panthers and two cougars ran in our direction; united.

I griped Lucifer’s hand, he squeezed back. I was nervous, excited and intrigued. My race, I was finally going to meet my race.

They reached us in fifty five seconds, not that I counted, five from behind and five from the front. They prepared themselves for any surprise; that is my race. A male lion made its way through the front, he growled at me as I smiled at him. I like him.

He shifted into a beautiful blonde haired guy, who looks to be in his twenties, with sparkling blue eyes. His eyes narrowed suspiciously at us, lingering a little more in me, and walked towards us. I let go of Lucifer’s hand and tried not to bounce up and down from joy.

“Who are you and what are you doing on our territory?”  He asked. Lucifer opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it.

"We are here to see your Alpha" My face and voice were serious, but I couldn't stop the nerves and happiness from spreading through my body.

"What does a demon and a... What are you?" His eyes traveled towards mine and I gave him a ghost of a smile before it disappeared.

"That information will be revealed on its own time. Right now, the only thing you have to know is that we mean no harm, we just want to speak with the Alpha of the Felines" I didn't miss the way his body and the others as well, stiffened a little; some even hissed softly. He looked around and called someone, the cracking of bones filled the air as he shifted back into human, mere seconds later, a dark haired boy made his way towards the male lion.

They talked to each other in hushed voices for a while but then, they nodded and dark haired boy walked away. The male lion made his way towards us and locked eyes with me.

“My name is James” I nodded, a tiny smile spreading through my lips. “We will escort you, but if we see or feel that you are a threat towards us, we will not hesitate to kill you” Lucifer and I both nodded our heads.

The five felines from behind us walked closer, watching me closely and curiously, before going to their positions. They aligned themselves so that they were escorting us but also keeping us in watch. James looked at me, and then turned towards Lucifer.

"You can ride Jason over there" he pointed towards another male lion who growled softly at us. Lucifer shrugged and walked towards him, mounting him once he reached him. All eyes turned toward me as I stood there carelessly.  Jason opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"I will run, do not worry" They watched me curiously one more time before nodding and turning away.

"Let's go on then, just follow the cheetahs"

Indeed I will, James, just like I will pass your little test.

James shifted back onto his lion, everyone sprinting just when his paws hit the ground. I looked at the two cheetahs, grinned as I caught Lucifer looking my way, and sprinted towards them. I reached them in matter of seconds. They glanced at me as I continued jogging with them; they speed up, I started running. I was running with them by now, I was running with my race. Joy filled my heart as I realized what was happening; I was running with my race, my people. I got so excited that I didn't realize I was running slightly faster than everyone. I slowed down before they could see me though.