Chapter 1

I don't remember much from my parents; the last time I saw them was when I was five years old and mortal. I'm two hundred and three years old now. The first time I died was when I was five; in the attack of my Father's Pride. The werewolves attacked us out of nowhere, we weren't prepared for it. They destroyed everything they saw; males, females, even the little kids like me. They killed me the worst way possible; in front of my parents while they were watching. It was a catastrophe; a slaughter.

I woke up as an immortal sixteen years later from that; I woke up the way I am, as an adult. Everything in me grew and flowered; my body, my soul, my spirit, my personality, my knowledge. I ran from my Pride's territory and got refuge in the forests. The moon goddess talked to me once in a while; she was my guide and I considered her a friend. She taught me everything I know, even what happened the sixteen years I was asleep.

I don't know how but, in 1886, the supernatural council found out about me. They sent their warriors and patrollers for me; they found me two months later and demanded I went with them to the supernatural council, I refused, and they used force, which didn't went well for them. I have been on the run since that, everyone wants me, I don't know why but, every time they try to catch me they say the same lines 'We need her, don't let her go'. I don't even know why they need me or for what but, I don't ever plan on staying with them to find out, especially with the werewolf's.

By 1998, I had already crossed paths with every supernatural race and hybrid that existed; none of them immortals or hybrid of four species; two tops but never more than three. They all said they needed me but, they never told me why or tried to talk instead of trying to 'catch' me. I grew tired of the same thing by the year of 2001, their attempts of catching me just grew worse and more ridiculous than they already were.

They started to use sedating drugs to make me go to sleep as I was being chased, it never worked; my genuine blood fought the drug and defeated it easily. Then they used brutal force, which was the most stupid idea they could have come up with, after all, they were fighting an immortal hybrid that was more powerful than them.

As you see, they did everything to catch me, but they never tried talking to me instead of using violence. If they would've tried that, then they would have saved two hundred years of these childish games.

We felines do not have a mate; we chose our soul mate and we mark them with our bite. It does not matter if a feline is bitten by force or by free will; they belong to the person whom the bite belongs. As the time passes, they will grow attached to the person who bit them. If they don't accept the person who bit them, the feline will start to experience physical pain. But, when the two felines accept each other, they will grow stronger and wiser than ever.

Anyways, I was always on the run. So, when I escaped another werewolf pack six years ago and found this little town, I could not be happier. I was happy that I didn't cross paths with another supernatural and that I found this little town. Ellie allowed me to stay in the cabin she owned and gave me a job in one of her stores; I found out she was the owner of most of the stores around here. She became a friend of mine as the time passed and she always came to the cabin to visit me. She's the greatest cooker I've ever met; if I had to eat I would go with her for my food.

That's one of the benefits of being immortal; I do not have to eat or sleep, I can, but I don't have to.

I slowly woke up from a dreamless sleep and looked at the forest as the rays of sun streamed down through the open window. I yawned and got out of bed, walking to the bathroom and closing the door.

After doing everything I needed in the bathroom and taking a shower, I dressed in white skinny jeans, a floral shirt and my black combat boots. My black hair fell in perfect waves and my pure silver eyes held a twinkle in them. I smiled as I closed the cabin door behind me; I looked at the forest and inhaled the fresh scent of pines. It has been a while since I ran in my other forms; I will go out tonight.

I walked for five minutes until I reached Ellie's grocery store where I worked. The store was medium sized and had almost everything a grocery store needs to have. It was the H-E-B of my people. In the first year of being in this town, I met the whole town; consisting of fifty people and me. I've been friends with everyone since then, they are my family now, and I will do anything for them.

"Hello Agrona!" Alison greeted me as I entered the store. She was a blonde, blue eyed teenage girl, always happy and positive; and a good friend of mine. We worked together from Monday to Friday in the grocery store and sometimes went to dinner or something.

"How are you dear Alison?" I grinned; she ran towards me from behind the cashier and tackled me in a tight hug. "Whoa! What happened that you're happier than normal?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame.

"Nathan asked me out!" She squealed as I let her go.

Nathan was the youngest son of the Peterson's; he and Alison have been friends since kids but they have had a 'thing' recently. Everyone knew what it was but, apparently the two of them were too oblivious to notice the signs the other one made.

"Finally!" I grinned as I walked towards the cashier. "We thought he was never going to do it" I chuckled at the shocked expression on Alison's face.

"He had something on me?" She asked while smiling lovesick like.

"Yep" I popped the 'p' for more effect and she gaped at me.

After telling her every sign and every word Nathan had indirectly threw at her; she made a happy dance; literally. We went to work after a little chat and the day ended soon after that. I said my goodbyes to Alison and wished her luck in her date, and walked back to my cabin. As I walked through the forest towards my cabin I felt I was being watched. I looked around suspiciously, but found nothing; I shrugged it off and continued my walk.

Once I got to my cabin I opened the door and entered, walking straight to my bedroom to grab running clothes. I quickly changed into a sports bra, shorts and sneakers. I ran towards the front door and got out of the cabin; walking towards the forest so I could run in my other forms without worrying.

I ran in my human form until I was deep into the forest; I looked around and shifted into my white tiger form. I ran twenty minutes in all of my forms; my white tiger, black lion, saber-tooth tiger and cheetah.

After I was satisfied with my exercise, I ran in my human form back to my cabin. I entered, drank water, took a shower, changed into my pajamas and dropped into my comfy bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the soft pillow.

Lots of love my little lovebug. -Laura.