Chapter 2

Agrona…” I opened my eyes and smiled a little; the moon goddess was talking to me again. I watched how the scenery in front of me changed into the moon goddess’s palace. The palace didn’t have any type of vibrant colors; it was only cream colors and decorations like that.

I was in one of many rooms the palace held; her throne room. It had only a big throne for herself in the end of the room in front of a window wall, a beautiful fountain in the wall at the left, in the middle was a tiny representation of the Earth, where she sees everything, and a lot of book shelves in the wall at the right.

She stood by her throne in all her grace; her white silk gown fell to the floor and her white hair fell in beautiful waves. She turned to look at me; her whole face was empty and in its place was shining light, just like always.

“Agrona” She smiled.

“Auntie Moon” She giggled at the nick name I gave her two hundred years ago and walked towards me.

“Oh, how I love that name!” She exclaimed once she reached me. “Hello dear, how are you?” She asked with genuine concern and curiosity; I smiled.

“I’m excellent” I nodded. “You have seen my life…” I paused and looked at her shining face. “It’s everything I could ask for, even though they’re humans; I still consider them as my family…” I trailed off. “As my Pride” I proudly said. She placed a hand on my shoulder and pulled me close to her; hugging me.

“I know you do, honey. They think the same about you, you know? They already love you, and in such short period of time. You’re that lovable!” She joked and giggled. I chuckled and hugged her tight.

“Agrona…” She began as we separated. I looked at her and she cupped my cheek with her hand. “You will need to protect them, Agrona. You will all be in danger. You need to be alert, Agrona. It will be soon, but I don’t know exactly when. Just be prepared, okay?” 

I was dumbfounded. My family was in danger? My only loved ones, were in danger? I growled furiously and looked at the moon goddess.

“They have my protection! They are my Pride, my pack! No family of mine will be in danger with me close! No family of mine will be harmed by anyone!” I roared; my voice sounded so powerful that even I was shocked, as well as the moon goddess. She gaped at me for a moment until she composed herself and smiled proudly at me.

“And they shall not be harmed if you chose the right decision, Agrona. Just chose the right ones, and they will never be harmed by anyone…” She said; the throne room began to change into my cabin bedroom and soon enough, there I was, standing on my bedroom in my pajamas. I changed in a hurry into some presentable clothes. I walked furiously towards the cabin door and got out, slamming the door behind me and walking towards the end of the town.

I was going to do a perimeter and sniff around for unfamiliar scents, and then I was going to train harder. I will have to be prepared for anything and anyone if I want to protect my town. And I swear to the moon goddess and to every god that is out there, I will protect my town with everything I have even if that means I would have to go to the supernatural council. I will not lose anyone of this town because of me; I will protect them even if that means dying again.

After doing perimeter and double sniffing, I went to my cabin and trained for the rest of the day. I trained till exhaustion; I jogged back to my cabin covered in sweat, panting for air and with sore muscles. But that did not stop me from doing more exercise when I got home.

*****

The next two months were the same; I trained whenever I could, when I came home from work, day, night. I trained nonstop and became more serious as I did, my happy demeanor and tolerance towards the supernatural creatures was gone; now, I was going to kill every supernatural that crossed my path. They have reached my tolerance limit; and they are going to pay now.