Chapter 19

Author's note*-* 

ENJOY CHAP 19;) 

---------------------------

My beasts paid attention to every single movement, sound or smell that could be dangerous. My eyes scanned the mass of the supernatural races as they fought. My mind drifted off and started to think as my beasts took control of the guarding.

Now that I know the truth, thanks to Nikolai, everything seems so obvious. Like when I ran out of the mansion and found Dexter and Nicolas in the forest, or when they took me to the meeting room and saw the 'real' reason of the war. How did I not notice that? And when I started trusting Lucifer? When I allowed him to break into my heart, into my past?

Everything in me froze; my body tensed, my beasts froze, my lungs stopped working, my heart stopped beating.Realization of my actions came at me like a bullet, knocking me down on the dirt and leaving me there, hopeless. Why did I take him where my race was? Why did I trusted him?

I met Nikolai's eyes as thoughts swirled through my head, a pained expression crossed his face and he stopped fighting. I snapped out of it and slightly narrowed my eyes at him as I shook my head; he caught the message and continued fighting.

I need to tell my Pride that they have to train harder because they are in danger, but that I, their Alpha, will be there to protect them unlike the last time they were in trouble.

***

"Training is over!" They started walking away but groaned at the soreness of their muscles. I grinned at Nikolai as he walked, more like limped, towards me. He smiled weakly once he reached me and sat on the ground. I chuckled when he groaned, and sat down next to him.

"Thank you for the soreness" He mumbled as he massaged his muscles. I smiled innocently at him and batted my eyelashes.

"You should feel lucky" He met my eyes and frowned.

"Why?"

"I'm taking it easy on you guys" I paused. "You would be bleeding if I wasn't" I stated seriously. "I'm surprised you aren't right now, you guys are useless" I rolled my eyes, and before I knew it I was being pinned down to the ground by a smirking Nikolai.

"You would be surprised in what I can't be useless" He smirked as his eyes darkened. I laughed at him and rolled us over so I was pinning him down. He seemed surprised by this but quickly recovered by grinning. "This is an interesting position" He grinned as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up" I smiled.

"Anything for you master" He rolled his eyes but smiled. I leaned in, my lips brushing his earlobe, and whispered so no ears would hear.

"I need to talk to you, hold on tight" And we disappeared from the forest, and reappeared in Mexico City. He widened his eyes and looked at me with narrowed eyes once he figured where we were. I grinned at him as I stood up.

"Seriously? Mexico?" He scoffed as he stood up.

"What's the matter?" I smiled innocently. He rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms, making his muscular chest stand out.

"Okay, come on" I grabbed his hand and we reappeared in New York. He watched the big buildings with amazed eyes, the crowds of people pushed us, making us walk with them. I grabbed Nikolai's hand and dragged him, quite literally, towards the nearest coffee shop. We entered a Starbucks and sat down in a table near the corner, away from everyone.

"Speak Nikolai" He met my eyes and nodded as he sighed.

"There is no war, Agrona. It's all a lie, an act" He paused, searching my eyes for an emotion, but they were all shut down, for our own good.

"Just talk, don't stop" He nodded and continued.

"The dust is real, the story is real; everything is real, except for the rivalry between the supernatural races and the angels and demons, that is a lie. There is no rivalry between us, just an alliance to get what they want" He sighed. "This alliance was made two years ago, both sides had the same goal and purpose so they united and made a plan to reach that goal. The plan took one year to be made, they said it was made to perfection" He snarled.

"I didn't want anything to do with it, but the council is the superior of every race and they demanded us to be a part of it or they would end us and make us their target too. I swear I didn't want to, Agrona, but there was no other option" He sounded so desperate, my hand moved on its own and placed itself above one of his, gently cupping it.

"Its okay, go on" He nodded.

"The plan is to have you by our side; the only problem is that they do fear you. They know what you're capable of and they're afraid of you. But their plan is working, they have you fighting with the angels, they fooled you so they can take down their target" His pained eyes met mine.

"What's their target?" I asked.

"Your race, Agrona"

***   (This woul've been a glorious cliffhanger) 

I entered the office where I had told Clayton and my five boys to wait as I made little Kane's bed. I arrived three hours ago and we hadn't stopped playing, he made my temper go away.

I was more than pissed when Nikolai told me the truth. I was confused, pissed off and frustrated. Why would they want to end my race while knowing that I would do anything for them? Why are they so stupid?

I had appeared in my territory an hour later, I was fuming when my boys had found me. They had been confused but I told them not to ask about it since I would talk to them later, they were reluctant about it but agreed anyways. My temper went out of the window when I saw my race, my people, peacefully talking and doing activities, and it was forgotten when little Kane yelled my name and came running towards me, tackling me in a hug.

But now, my temper was scratching its way towards me, threatening to come out and attack anyone it could take a hold on to.

I sat on one of the couches Clayton's office had without acknowledging any of the guys as they saw me with concerned looks. Clayton was sitting in the chair behind his desk, and my boys were sitting in one of the couches just like me.

"I am telling them in two days" They looked at me in shock; I guess they didn't expect that.

"What?" Clayton frowned.

"The war is all planned; it's all a lie..." I began as I explained them everything. They listened closely as I did so and didn't interrupt me. They were silent when I finished, but then the questions began.

"Why is our race their target?" Saburou, the third son, asked as he frowned.

"Because we are not a part of their world, we are not involved with the council and we are not involved with the angels and demons, they see us as a threat" I answered, the guys clenched their fists and Clayton shook his head.

"Will you keep training them?" Shirou, the fourth son, asked as I looked at Clayton.

"No, not until we are prepared for them, that’s why I'm telling everyone I am their Alpha in two days" They snapped their heads towards me when I sighed.

"Why is my life like this? I feel like the protagonist of a shitty drama novel..." I placed my head in my hands as I rested my elbows on my knees. The boys chuckled and Clayton cracked a smile at me. 

Author's note*-* 

Hey guys! Here's chap 19, did you like it? I hope you did:) Love you guys:) 

Vote, comment, follow:) 

(It's a little short, I know) 

Lots of love my sweetie.     -Laura.