Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23:

"Mommy! Mommy!" I turned around to see my baby running out of the water, one of the royal mermaids accompanying him. The mermaid swam as much as she could to the shore, then her tail started to transform into a pair of legs. It was nothing I had not seen before, but I had always been fascinated by it.

She vowed, and her gorgeous blue hair fell to her beautiful face. I smiled as I waved at her, amazed with the uniform now clothing her body. A tug at the end of my dress captured my attention, and I looked down to the most vibrant green eyes I could ever gaze upon. He grinned at me, and I picked him up. He wrapped his little arms around my neck, and laughed as I spun us around.

"Stop, mommy! Stop!" He laughed. I stopped completely as I noticed that the mermaid was smiling at us, an indescribable glint in her eyes. I walked towards her, placing my baby boy on my waist. She grinned, her gorgeous green eyes standing out.

"Thank you for taking care of him" I smiled at her, truly thankful that she had taken care of him while I finished some of my work.

"It's my pleasure. I bet he's part angel" She said, a playful sparkle in her eyes. I laughed lightly, remembering all those times he certainly wasn't an angel. My baby snuggled his head in the crook of my neck, his shoulders shaking slightly as he too, giggled a bit, knowing perfectly well that he wasn't.

"I wish I could actually say that" The mermaid giggled a bit as she saw my baby still shaking on my neck. Silence joined us for a moment before I opened my mouth to thank her again.

"You know you can always come stay with us if you want, right?" Aria.

My breath caught in my throat as the understanding of what was actually happening came to me. I could only turn away, the hurt and the shame in my eyes would definitely give me away. That was if I hadn't already.

I gathered enough courage to speak, intending my words to come out strong. "How did you know?" But they were merely a weak whisper, a broken voice I didn't recognize.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I knew then, that everyone knew.

I looked towards one of my forests, and watched how some of the creatures living there came out. I always admired their beauty, it was rare when they came out willingly. A human looking creature came out first, her body was made of vines, some parts held leaves, and I watched how the pair of flowers that were in the place where her eyes should be, blossomed. She didn't have a mouth, but she had a gorgeous mane made out of brown leaves. She was beautiful.

I continued watching as more creatures came out. There was a pack of wolves, small in their size, but they were made out of the forest. There was one wolf made of grass and leaves, it even had flowers growing in its body. There was another wolf made out of water, algae covering its paws. And there was another one made out of soil, and another one that looked like a tree. Birds came out too, and there were some owls too. I could see how more creatures lingered by the edge of the forest, all of them as beautiful as the other.

A moment passed, and then all of them vowed, including the woman, who I knew then, was the keeper of that forest. I kept watching as the woman stood up and walked towards me. The grass met her steps as she walked, and she was in front of me in less than a second.

"My maker, we sensed your distress and we are here to help in any way that you desire" Her voice echoed through my head, and I felt fascinated by my nature then, I didn't know my keepers could do that. But my fascination didn't change the situation I was in.

"Master, we know what is happening, allow us to take care of your child so that you may explain your situation to your friend" She vowed slightly, her head looking down. I felt a part of me break as she showed me the respect every god is supposed to receive.