Chapter 20

"We will play hide and seek today" The races frowned but no one commented; they finally learned. "You will hide your scent and chose a place to hide in the forest. One of you will start searching for all of the races and if he finds anyone they will start looking for the rest" I scanned the crowd and nodded when no one spoke.

"You" The coven leader I pointed at took a step closer to me and nodded. "He will be the first. Now, hide your scent and go hide!" I turned my head to the coven leader. "Close your eyes, hide your scent and prepare to run" He did as told and nodded at the last part.

I waited two minutes until I decided it was enough time. "Go and find them, return here when they are all caught" The coven leader grinned while nodding and sprinted with vampire speed towards the trees.

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. It's been almost four days since I last saw the angels and demons, I have to go to them today and mend things with Lucifer. I really don't know how I will tell him I don't want anything to do with him. I am sure that he will be pissed, but how pissed will he be? Will he threaten me, my race? Or would he threaten Nikolai? Or even my little Kane?

A growled escaped my lips as my thoughts carried me away. I was so lost that I almost didn't hear the flapping of wings. I silenced my beasts from doing any noise out loud, but that didn't stop them from hissing and growling inside of my head.

"Bastards!" They growled so loud that I almost flinched; they must be really angry if they had the energy to talk that loud inside my head and without my consent. I tensed a little as I heard a branch crunch slightly above me. I forced my body to relax and acted as if I was deep in thought.

But I got lost in my thoughts anyways.

What are they doing here? What do they want? Is it Dexter, Nicolas, Lucifer, or the three of them? Will they notice my change of attitude towards them? Nikolai said I shouldn't be too harsh towards them or they may notice but I don't think I can make it; my beasts were still hissing and growling, but they were quieter now.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I inhaled and caught the faint scent of Nikolai. I looked around as I searched for him; the situation with the angels and demons going out of the window as I grinned and started to walk towards his scent. He smelt nice, like fresh pine and rain. I allowed my feet to move as my nose tracked Nikolai's scent. I passed trees, logs and rocks as I tracked him down. I reached a clearing with a cave after three minutes. My eyes rolled on their own accord.

That would be the first place I would look for.

Rolling my eyes one more time, I walked towards the entrance of the cave and sniffed. Grinning in amusement, I entered the cave, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the dim light. I sniffed one more time and smirked as I spoke.

"Really, Nikolai? Inside the cave? A branch would've been more original" I smirked, but chuckled when I heard a low growl. Behind me, the scent started to get stronger. I grinned in amusement and turned around exactly when he was a step away from me.

"Gotcha!" I poked my finger to his chest as I grinned; he groaned and slapped my finger away.

"Not fair, Agrona" Nikolai pouted. I laughed at him and grabbed his hand as I started walking out of the cave.

"Don't do that"

"What?" He continued pouting.

"That pout" I said as I turned around.

"Why?" I almost growled, he was still pouting.

"Because the temptation is too much to handle" I said as I stupidly touched his bottom lip, trying to stop him from doing it.