Chapter 13

Author's note*-* 

I want to thank every person who took their time to comment and to vote. Thank you so much for doing it, it means a lot to me:) 

Here's chapter thirteen:) Enjoy! 

Oh, and before you start reading you should really look in google for pictures of the valley I placed down here, so you can get a better detailed image of where they are. 

----------------------------------

“Come with me” I grabbed Lucifer’s hand without waiting for an answer, and we both vanished in the air. We appeared in the forest, the second neutral territory; Jiuzhaigou Valley, China, to be exact.

“Where are we?” Lucifer asked as we both observed the view in front of us. Time didn’t do any damage to the forest in front of my eyes, if anything, I’d say time helped the forest to be more beautiful; more striking.

The trees were long and thick, some green some orange; simply beautiful. We were in a hill that allowed us to see the crystal clear water in the lake beneath us; trees had fallen on it but it made it look even more beautiful, more striking. Then, at the distance, waterfalls and streams link over multicolored lakes of various sizes. It was truly amazing; wonderland.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” I asked at a gaping Lucifer; he turned to look at me and nodded. I smiled and looked around; trying to see any type of movement, but found none.

“The last time I was here was at least more than a hundred years ago, but time has not done any damage to this forest, if anything, I’d say it helped in developing its beauty” I looked at the clear water and the forest. Nothing could compare itself to the nature, to my home.

“You’ve been here before? Has it changed?” He asked, curiosity lingering his voice.

“Same beauty, but with less trees and flora” My brain recalled the memory automatically, like a video. I remember the first time I came here; I was amazed, intrigued, by the beauty of this forest, and the villages in it. God, their people was truly amazing; caring, gentle and goodhearted people. They took me in when I came, taught me their language and culture, and gave me a home.

I remember the family that took me in, they were the kindest people I’ve ever met. They taught me everything about their culture and their language until I only spoke their idiom, until I did their ways unconsciously.

They were a numerous family, five little sons, but they took me in without any trouble. Their father was a very kind man, he had a good heart along with his wife, and they were the perfect couple, made for each other. I took responsibility of their sons when they died. 

“Really? This is so amazing…” Lucifer’s voice brought me back from my wandering thoughts just in time; I didn’t want to remember what happened that day, not now at least.

“I guess I was wrong when I said that Heaven and Hell were the most beautiful places to be” He looked around; I smiled at the twinkle in his eyes, that little spark of curiosity, of interest, on his ocean eyes.

“This is one of the most beautiful places I’ve been” He turned his head towards me and looked at me with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. I giggled as I closed his mouth with my finger.

Wait, did I just let out a giggle?

“Why are you frowning?” Lucifer caressed my cheek with his warm hand; I shook my head and met his eyes.

“Nothing, come on” I grabbed his hand and started to drag him with me.

“Where are we going?” He frowned as he allowed me to drag him wherever I wanted to.

“To the areas it is not allowed to go”

***

I rested my head on Lucifer’s shoulder as we saw the sun go down. I showed him the lakes, some villages and the waterfalls. To say he was amazed would’ve been the understatement of the year, he was fascinated. He looked like a little kid on Christmas day as he opened his gifts, he had that twinkle on his eyes and his mouth open, and he also ran everywhere. I would be lying if I said I didn’t like that side of him, because I did, I loved that side.

After three or four hours of the tour, Lucifer and I climbed a tree and started talking. I asked him how old he was and he told me that he didn’t know, he said that he lost the count when he reached five hundred years; I gaped at him for five good minutes until I grinned and started teasing him about how old he was.

“Why did you bring me here?” He asked softly.

I sighed as I thought about his question. Why did I bring him with me? I mean, sure, I just grabbed him and led him wherever I wanted to but, why exactly my subconscious decided it was okay to bring Lucifer to one of my most emotional places? To one of the places I grew with and lost a family? To one of the places where just by watching, tears sprung my eyes? Because, not only did I lose loved ones in this place, I raised five little kids with the support of the villagers, my people.

“I don’t know…” The silence came back as I answered. I looked away, facing the lakes instead. I looked how the clear water shined with the light, making it look alive and colorful. But it’s just an illusion.

Just like my life. It may be amazing for some to be able to live for eternity but, it’s not. Because, for more than two hundred years, I have seen the people I care for, the people I love; die. They are taken away from me in every way, all the time, for over two hundred and three years. And every time they took someone away from me, my heart broke; piece by piece until nothing was felt.

That’s how my heart is now, broken, with barely any space because of the broken pieces, of the cracks and breaks of it. My heart is, and always will be, fully broken. Because, when you get heartbroken the amount of times I was, your heart just stops functioning the right way. It just wants to make you stop suffering, to stop being so, broken. And I want to stop to; I just don’t want to feel this way anymore, I don’t want to feel this ache in my heart, this hurt.

But how could I possibly do that? How could I find someone to give my broken heart to, if it will be more broken when they die? Because it’s not like if I ever find someone who is like me, immortal, and just be like ‘Here’s my heart, take it; let’s be lovers, marry and have lots of kids!’ would I? That’s my situation with Lucifer; he’s immortal, just like me. We could be together forever, and truly mean it.

But how can I guarantee that I will not be deceived, fooled? How do I know that when he finally has me, he will not let me go? How do I know that when he gets to know me and see the real me, he will not push me away and look for someone else because I am too much trouble and have to much shit happening to me? How do I know that he will love me with all his heart?

I sighed. I don’t know, easy as that. I don’t know, and I don’t think I will know if I don’t give him a chance. So, here I am, in the arms of Lucifer, with my head rested on his shoulder and his arms wrapped around me, his head nuzzled on my neck but his eyes glued to the forest, but still sneaking a glance at me once in a while. And this, whatever this is, feels right, amazing, actually.

So, yeah; I’ll give it a try. I’ll take the risk of getting heartbroken again, I’ll take the risk of being used, I’ll take the risk of practically handing him a gun to shot me because I’ll take a chance at this. At love. I’ll give love a chance; just this time. 

Author's note*-* 

Oh my god! Did you see how beautiful that forest is? I will go there one of these days (when I have money) Lol, sooo. 

Did you like it? Comment, vote, follow:) 

Lots of love my sweeties.                                                                   -Laura.