Prologue

PROLOGUE:

August 27, 1892
The wolves that have been chasing me for two days straight were hot at my heels. It was a very stupid mistake falling from the tree I had been hiding on; I gave them my position, when I had lost them two hours ago. I sighed and shifted into my black lion form; I was getting tired and this was faster than my human form.

I jumped the log in front of me and landed on the ground with a silent 'thud'. My black paws hit the ground as I ran in my 6'1 black lion form; my big red eyes scanned the forest as I ran, my claws dug into the green forest grass. The rays of the morning sun allowed me to see a dirt road ahead; it was a mile away. The wolves growled and tried to catch me just like they did the last hour; 'tried' being the key word.

I accidentally trespassed their territory three days ago; they sent their runners and warriors for me while I was supposedly asleep when they picked up my scent and recognized me. Since I didn't know it was werewolf territory, I didn't hide my scent so; it was too late when I tried to hide it. My eyes scanned the forest for an escape route; I could distract them or I could run faster and hide. I would only buy time if I hide but, I will get rid of them if I distract them.

What to choose?

I gave a sharp u-turn and ran deeper to the forest; the wolves growled and chased after me.

Oh, how I love being chased!

I ran until I found the clearing I used when I slept in the territory, it's almost in the middle of the forest which gives me advantage over these werewolf's. I stopped running and waited for the wolves to come and 'get' me; they came a few seconds later. I scanned the area with my red orbs; there are only five wolves, this Alpha must be really stupid. They growled and started to circle me. I roared; they flinched a little by this but quickly covered it. I towered over them yet they didn't show fear but, I could smell it.

They were afraid, ha! Good.

I roared one more time and stood my ground; they didn't move, they snarled at me instead. I bared my teeth and shifted into my saber tooth tiger form; I could defend myself better in this one. Their 5'8 height was nothing to my 6'1 height in this form; my white and black fur shined under the rays of the sun, my sharp tooth sparkled a little along with it and my silver orbs looked at the wolves with an incredible aggression. They looked startled and they took a moment to put the pieces together.

One of the wolves shifted back into a human, his yellowish hair flew with the wind and his green eyes looked at me with amazement and fear. I bared my teeth at him and looked at him warily; always be prepared for the unexpected. He took another minute to look at me, then he ran towards a tree and disappeared out of my sight. I snapped my head towards the other wolves and prepared myself to attack.

A brown wolf walked in front of me and growled as he shifted back into a human. He removed his long brown hair from his caramel eyes and looked at me with a serious face.

"You're the hybrid" He nodded at himself and looked at me with narrowed eyes. "I should kill you for trespassing our territory!" He growled out. I suppose he's the beta; I stood straight and looked ahead to meet his eyes, he was short for a werewolf. "But I won't..." He met my eyes and a deep and loud growl echoed through the forest.

I changed into my black lion form and roared louder and deeper than him, efficiently silencing him; he looked back at me and his body, and the others as well, started to shake uncontrollably. I sprinted towards the end of their territory as they kneeled in front of me.

"Go after her! We need her!"

They need me? For what and why?

I didn't look back as I ran towards the end of their territory; I had to lose them. I was so close to the end of their territory! I am going to lose them! I looked back and saw the wolves from later trying to catch me and, the werewolf who ran back to the forest was back and brought company. Five more wolves were chasing me, and they were fast. The werewolf who ran away was riding a wolf and pointing at me with a silver gun; that's when I noticed the stinging sensation in my back leg and stomach.

The bastard had the nerve to shot me with a sedating gun!

I angrily roared. Saying I was mad would have been an understatement, I was pissed. I ran faster and stronger than before, leaving the pack of wolves behind. I roared again as I reached the territory line of this pack; my blood fought the drug as I ran away from the werewolf's.

February 15, 2007

I shifted back into my human form as I entered neutral territory; nor shifters or supernatural's live or know about this territory. I lost another pack of werewolf's two hours ago when I passed the end of their territory.

It's a small town; just a school, some stores, houses and stuff like that. My pure silver eyes scanned the town as I walked towards a tiny flower store, my black hair danced with the wind as I walked in my black combat boots, black skinny jeans, white v-neck shirt and leather jacket. I entered the store with a 'ding' once I reached it. The store itself was tiny and had shelves with flowers in them everywhere, a desk at the corner of the store, a nice old lady behind the desk and a delicious rose scent. The woman looked up and met my eyes; she smiled genuinely at me and walked towards me.

"Hello, dear! Can I help you with anything?" She happily asked. I smiled at her happiness and looked into her brown caring eyes.

"Hello, I come from the city but I want a quiet place to live and this town is just perfect, do you know where can I buy a house or an apartment?" My voice was as smooth as the best silk sheets and it oozed confidence and calmness. The old lady's body relaxed and she smiled widely at me.

"Yes, I'm actually selling a little cabin not far from here; do you want to see it?" She asked. "Oh, my name is Ellie Thompson" She extended her hand and I took it, firmly shaking it.

"Agrona McKnight"

Author's note*-* 

Well, yeah. That was it, what do you think? Did you like it, hate it? Oh, well. This story probably won't have readers, I don't know. But if it does have readers, well, I will be swimming in the pools of joy. 

No, seriously. If this story doesn't have any readers, I won't mind. I just wanted to publish my work somewhere so I could try my luck, so. It would be okay even if I only had one reader. It would be sad, but I'd be happy if that reader liked my story. 

Okay, I'm totaly ranting right now. So, I'll just let you be:) 

Lots of love my little lovebug;)                                      -Laura.