Chapter Twenty-Three: Graduation Exercises

Optimus Prime's Profile:

  We all raced down a road, " Running strong today OP! Starting to feel a little better huh?" Sideswipe said, rolling up next to me.

  " I have felt my strength returning in recent weeks, Sideswipe." I said to him, " But that is not the reason for my urgency."

  I then opened my comm to Wingblade who was following us in the air, " Wingblade. Are there any new readings?"

  " Initial reports are confirmed, Optimus. The security shield protecting one of my hidden supply catches has been engaged, but I can't tell if there's been a breach." She said back to me.

  All of us then rolled into a dark, broken down base of some sort. We all transformed and stood at the entrance. The area seemed to have been deserted for years.

  " Stay alert and be ready for combat at any moment, my students." Drift said, I heard him release his minicons as we all drew our weapons.

  " Apart from the broken gate, I do not detect any obvious signs of activity." I said. " Proceed cautiously, Stealth Team."

  " That way." Wingblade then said, pointing into one of the buildings.

  As we were walking, I overheard Drift and his minicons talking, " Master Drift, Jetstorm was wondering-" Slipstream started

  " We! Were wondering-" Jetstorm amended.

  " Respectfully, if you had felt that we had progressed enough in our studies to perhaps start making tactical decisions for ourselves." Slipstream said.

  " We have fought many Decepticons; we feel we are ready." Jetstorm then added.

  " Yeah Drift!" Sideswipe then said, " The little guys can't spend their whole lives at the end of your leash."

  " My students will complete their training when I decide. And when I make that decision I will not require assistance." Drift said rudely, walking past Sideswipe.

  Slipstream and Jetstorm looked down, " Don't worry guys, you're breaking him down. I can feel it." Sideswipe assured.

  That cheered Jetstorm and Slipstream right up.

Jetstorm's Profile:

  Optimus opened the door to a building, it was empty with the exception of a few tables and chairs. " Wingblade, have any of your caches been compromised over the years?" Our Master asked.

  " No, none. I've stashed weapons and supplies all over." Wingblade explained, " My security systems have always held."

  We then came up to a door. " Whatever security you put up doesn't look like it's still here, Windy. I'll take the point in case-" Sideswipe started, walking up to the door only to be electrocuted and thrown back.

  Me and Slipstream ran over to him, " Thank you for taking the point, Sideswipe." I said, throwing his words back at him.

  While me and Slipstream laughed, Sideswipe sat up, " What hit me!?"

  Wingblade gestured him to come over, " Look at the wall out of the corner of your optic." She then told him.

  " Tricky." Sideswipe said as he saw something.

  " Light Benders in there keep the force field and the controls almost completely hidden." Wingblade explained. " The field should be dark blue, it's taken light damage but it hasn't been breached."

  She then tapped some buttons hidden on a wall which revealed and put down the force field and opened the door. All of us walked in. The sight was impressive, energon and all sorts of weapons on different shelves and relics in boxes.

  " An impressive collection." Optimus said, speaking for all of us.

  " This is one of my larger stashes. Nothing appears to be missing." Wingblade said, we all then walked out.