Chapter Fifty-Six: Tasks

Bumblebee's Profile:

  Walking back to the lift, we thought over what the 'angel' had said. The walk was quiet; nonetheless, it felt as if there was too much going on to say much.

  We walked over the ink river in silence, and neither of us dared to be the one to break the silence. If Soundwave was still here, then he would probably be the one to break the silence. Soundwave, the most quiet person I knew, would probably breaking any form of silence was really ironic.

  But I didn't have any time to dwell on this matter. However, I felt like I needed to address something. That something bad was going to happen if I stayed here.

  I mentally shrugged it off while looking at a calm-ish Starscream; everything was going to be fine. It was probably just nerves...

Starscream's Profile:

  " My machines need parts, go fetch them for me, my errand boys." A compartment by the entrance of her 'home' opened and out came a wrench.

  Bumblebee picked it up then we walked up the stairs to the lift. Or elevator. Both worked.

  Once inside the elevator, with the doors closed, Alice started talking again. " When I first arrived here, I was scared too. But this place offers things you can never believe.... All of us still want to leave of course; I know you do too... Therefore, you need to know the one rule we have here. Beware the Monster."

" If you do see him, you'll need to hide. Or he will catch you. You need to collect the gears."

  We walked out of the elevator and began looking for the gears. We got one from an ink pit, two others in a square compartment, three gears total.

  Getting the required amount, we knew that because Alice called us again to come back for the next task, we went back to the lift and started going down.

  " Have you met Sammy yet? His friends are down here, but we don't know who they are. We think they turned into Searchers. Black thin monsters that jump out of the ink. Or perhaps a butcher gang member, monsters with clothes and weapons.

  That sounds more like them. The latter. But going back to Sammy...

  Have you heard his voice? He has powers in it. They no longer work now but it was powerful. Where I was from-before- he was believed to be unstoppable.

  I know who he is. He knows who I am.

  But do you know who we are?.."

  We put the three gears in a container and they were whisked away by a machine. Alice then began talking again.

  " I require ink to keep myself alive. Collect me some samples from the ink pools. Use the cryengine."

  I grabbed the cryengine since I knew so much about them from being in the Med Bay so often.

  We walked back to the lift.

  We saw an audio log inside the elevator that wasn't there before. We quickly pressed play.

  " These elevators, they may come, they may go. They aren't properly made... I wouldn't be going down to the lower levels if I had the choice. If I do.

  I'd use the hidden stairs."

  Thanks Sammy. Real helpful.

  Going up the elevator, we stopped on another floor. We immediately found the ink pools, going to each and every one, until we had collected enough ink that the cryengine was full.