26.

We are informed by T'Challa that Steve and some of the other team members will be arriving. Rebecca will stay with Shuri while we fight.

We stand a ways away from where they would land, a bit of a surprise after they talk to T'Challa.

Finally, a jet comes overhead, landing on the designated space. We watch as Steve steps out, followed by Nat, Sam, Rhodey, Vision, Wanda, and Banner. They converse with the king before beginning to walk in our direction.

I hear the last bit of conversation as they approach. "You will have my Kingsgaurd, the border tribe, the Dora Milaje, and, " he gestures in our direction as we walk forward.

"A semi-stable hundred-year-old woman, a hundred-year-old man, and a one-year-old," I say while smiling, giving Rebecca to Buck as I hug my brother.

"It's good to have you back, Y/N." Steve says in the embrace. Bucky gives Becca back to me as he hugs his friend. Finally, I let Steve hold our daughter, his face lights up as he looks at his niece, a precious soul not tainted by the evil world.

"Wow." He whispers. "Hi, Rebecca. I'm your Uncle Steve." He says slowly to her. I smile and hear Buck chuckle, I hit his arm.

We stand in Shuri's lab while she discusses what to do with vision. I hold Rebecca, playing with her, prolonging the ultimate time when I'll have to say goodbye.

I'm startled out of my own world when the woman I've come to know as Okoye speaks urgently. "Something has entered the atmosphere." I look to the king, startled. He nods at me and I begin to say goodbye to Rebecca.

"I'll be back honey. Stay here okay? I love you." I tell her while hugging her, sad to have to say goodbye.

She seems to realize somethings up and she struggles, making baby noises. Finally, struggling nonetheless, says her first word. "Mama!" And starts to cry. I open my mouth in shock and give her another hug, tearing up myself. I hand her over to Shuri, knowing that if I don't do it now, it will never happen, and walk out, ignoring everyone else as I exit, hoping to find out Bucky.

When I get outside I see Buck and Sam staring at the sky. When I do the same I see some sort of ships landing outside the dome.

Thanos is here.

I walk over to Bucky and hug him, trying my best to contain my tears. "She said her first word." He rubs my back, looking ahead. "It was mama." I chuckle. He looks at me, fake annoyed.

"I've been reading books to her about dads for months, and her first word is mama?" I laugh and he breaks into a smile.

It's quickly broken when the rest of the team come out, handing Bucky and I guns, then leading us to ships that will take us to the fight.

So this is real then. A purple space alien threatening to kill us all. Nice.

We stand far behind the barrier, watching as the sick mutts kill themselves to try and find a way through. They then start to run around it, trying to find a different way into Wakanda.

T'Challa makes the decision to open the barrier in one section to ensure that the monsters can't get into the city. Bucky gives me a kiss before we both load our guns, readying for the fight.